The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks release 2023-24 preseason schedule

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So no split squad games?  Where's the fun in that?  :bigblush:

(Actually, about time we didn't have a split squad game  - seems like they've had them for the last bunch of seasons, and it really didn't seem to help things at all.)

Season ticket holders all hate those split squads.  But you make a great point I never thought of.  They didn't seem to help with team regular season performance at all.  

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ok seriously, this time, by the time that EDM game on Sep 30th rolls around, we better have 85% of our roster sorted out instead of fiddling around with the roster and building zero chemistry and zero momentum heading into game 1 of the new season.  We NEED a strong start to this season!!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Ok seriously, this time, by the time that EDM game on Sep 30th rolls around, we better have 85% of our roster sorted out instead of fiddling around with the roster and building zero chemistry and zero momentum heading into game 1 of the new season.  We NEED a strong start to this season!!

But we have Flex Seal!

Even though our boys had a terrible first 50 games and were out of the race by then. I still watched every game. I miss hockey. I was at last year’s training camp and 2 preseason games. Pretty cool to see how they interact with each other. Was watching an episode of building blue today with Linus Karlsson and I can see myself behind the net at the UBC practice rink taking a few of  these pics.

Could contain: Clothing, Glove, Helmet, People, Person, Field Hockey Stick, Sport, Footwear, Shoe, Ice Hockey Stick

Could contain: Glove, Lamp, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Glasses, Shoe, Coat, Jeans

Could contain: People, Person, Glove, Helmet, Adult, Male, Man, Shoe, Head, Soccer Ball

Could contain: Hockey, Ice Hockey, Ice Hockey Stick, Rink, Skating, Sport, Field Hockey, Field Hockey Stick, Helmet, Person

Could contain: Helmet, Glove, Person, Ice Hockey, Ice Hockey Stick, Rink, Skating, Field Hockey Stick, E-scooter, Bicycle

Edited by SergioMomesso
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Only 6 games in the preseason? Isn’t there supposed to be 8?

Teams seem to get to decide how many they want.  Flames and Oilers both still have 8, including 4 at their home arena.  

Kraken have only 6, with 2 of those on the same day as a split squad.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Teams seem to get to decide how many they want.  Flames and Oilers both still have 8, including 4 at their home arena.  

Kraken have only 6, with 2 of those on the same day as a split squad.  

Well, I guess they have less time to make roster decisions, but that’s fine with me.