The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ‘Tis the Dog Days of Summer, Are we Thinging Before Training Camp?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

I mean almost all these hockey guys are dogs snapping girls pics of themselves and cheating on their girls. Don’t know how many times I saw a Canuck cheating with a chick from the Roxy lol some just get caught some dont

The nucks stopped going to the roxy years ago. 

What I'd like to happen:

1) Mayfield 5yrs x 4M

2) Soucy 5yrs x 3M

3) Sign a 3C - Bleuger, Sundqvist, Suter or Kerfoot for 2-3M

Cap Friendly saying we have 12M in cap space with all our LTIR, that above fits 10M

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Beauvillier - 3C - Garland

Joshua - Aman - Hoglander

Hughes - Mayfield

Soucy - Hronek

Hirose - Myers

Rathbone

That's a playoff team right there.

What I think will happen:

1) We'll sign Ian Cole to a short deal. Don't like it, he's great but he's old and is only going to get a lot worse. Might have an easy job if he converts to the right and plays with Hughes but still, he's a bit old. I don't mind someone in their late 20s/early 30s but he's well past that.

2) Sign Soucy. I like that. He's not a 20-22 minute LD which we ideally have but he should pair nicely with Hronek and kill a lot of penalties on the left side.

3) Throw cash at Compher or O'Reilly. No thanks.

• Tanks a lot 1

12 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

maybe Schenn as a #6 guy

maybe Ian Cole as a #6 guy

maybe Soucy as a # 6 guy

problem is the above and Holl are being targeted as # 3-6 guys 

Ian Cole plays top four minutes and eats up PK time effectively.

Carson Soucy is a solid # 5.

There is a reason these guys are being targeted for certain rolls because thats what they play and will expect.

The Canucks need solid reliable defensemen who are smart in their zone and can help with the PK.

I look forward to the day where we don’t try to fill every depth position on the club with UFAs. 
July 1st is a day of dread for most Canucks fans and today we get to see what the next GM’s buyout candidates will be. 
Meet the new players that can lift us up to the squishy middle where you go nowhere. 

I have been saying this for a while, if all we do with the OEL buyout cap space is buy a few middling free agents we will have squandered the value of that cap space terribly. We are Canucks, we squander assets and try to build teams that peak at may squeak into the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, R3aL said:

I mean almost all these hockey guys are dogs snapping girls pics of themselves and cheating on their girls. Don’t know how many times I saw a Canuck cheating with a chick from the Roxy lol some just get caught some dont

It almost sounds like you’re trying to justify this behavior…

I don’t want Cole on my team. Hes up there in age, he’s been in hot water off the ice for character concerns, and frankly there’s just better options probably at better prices. He’s on my avoid list for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Okay I'm awake since 5 waiting for these possible signings. Coffee is on. It's like 8 am eastern standard. I want to know when we can sign our help. UFA is flooded right now so.

I also woke up early expecting some early news of us signing O'Reilly, Cole, Soucy...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

We can’t announce signings until 9am. Still got a few hours unfortunately. 

But then like previous years, we always got legit sources breaking them... Anyhow hope we get at least Geekie... I wonder who's a good RHD to pick up

6 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

But then like previous years, we always got legit sources breaking them... Anyhow hope we get at least Geekie... I wonder who's a good RHD to pick up

I really want Connor Clifton. Clifton, Soucy, and a decent bottom 6 forward and I’ll be a happy camper. 

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I want a defenseman preferably RD and that’s it. Can be Soucy or Schenn.

Tired of signing bottom 6 players to too much money in free agency instead of giving kids opportunities 

Soucy isn’t an RD is he? 

• Cheers 1