The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Boston unlikely to sign any of their UFA's, may look at bringing back Milan Lucic

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Don't forget my favorite, Canucks are a shoe in for the playoffs and probably the division title. Vegas is horrible, they have no goalie and are no cap space they said. Edmonton can't play d, Seattle got screwed over by Francis and will be in the basement for years, and Calgary just got blown up with old retirement contracts.

I expect the exact same nonsense this year. :frantic::lol:

But it's true Edmonton can't play D and Calgary everyone wants out they will suck

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Don't forget my favorite, Canucks are a shoe in for the playoffs and probably the division title. Vegas is horrible, they have no goalie and are no cap space they said. Edmonton can't play d, Seattle got screwed over by Francis and will be in the basement for years, and Calgary just got blown up with old retirement contracts.

I expect the exact same nonsense this year. :frantic::lol:

Yeah I thought Vegas would be humbled this year, oof. 

Edmonton I was bang on and Seattle I had as a bubble team and they outperformed even that. I had Calgary on the outs because I didn't see them out performing Edmonton, LA, Seattle and us. 3 out of 4 ain’t bad. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah I thought Vegas would be humbled this year, oof. 

Edmonton I was bang on and Seattle I had as a bubble team and they outperformed even that. I had Calgary on the outs because I didn't see them out performing Edmonton, LA, Seattle and us. 3 out of 4 ain’t bad. 

Yeah, I think this year everyone will understand how difficult of a challenge it will be.  I could see Calgary being a lot better this year too depending on what happens there. Of course, Seattle, LA, Edmonton, and Vegas will all be very strong. We're in one of the toughest divisions now. I'm curious if Seattle is a player this year in the market or if they are going to continue with the long game.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

For the right price, and if Bergeron is healthy, I'd kick the tires on him. He'd sure help the centre situation for Vancouver for a couple of years.

.... Do you actually think Bergeron would sign with a team that isn't Boston? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.. 

21 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I could see them resigning Bergeron if doesn't retire, signing Lucic, Wheeler and Duchene. 

What? 

You could see them wanting to resign their captain, reigning Selke winner, first line centre, and nearly 30 goal scorer Patrice Bergeron?

I don't see it dude.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MattWN. said:

What? 

You could see them wanting to resign their captain, reigning Selke winner, first line centre, and nearly 30 goal scorer Patrice Bergeron?

I don't see it dude.

Yeah, way more likely he sign in Van at league minimum to be our third line center so he can play with PDG and Studnicka.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah, way more likely he sign in Van at league minimum to be our third line center so he can play with PDG and Studnicka.

I think he has some potential though, maybe in a couple years he could take that 2C spot. I imagine he'd be jacked at the chance of playing with guys like Podkolzin and Hoglander down the road. 

55 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wishful thinking as always 

You don't think they will go into a full rebuild soon?  Even if Bergeron comes back he will be 38.  Maybe he has another 2 years max.  Then what?  They have no one to replace him.  No prospects other than Fabian Lysell, and no top picks this year or next year.  Not sure how far they will get with one top D pairing and Pastrnak.  Marchand is 35 and has 2 years left on his deal.  Ullmark also has 2 years left.  They went all in and lost.  They don't have the draft capital or prospects to go all in again and they are maxed out on the cap.