The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maple Leafs sign Tyler Bertuzzi

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Every team is allowed to go over the cap by like 10% in the summer. They’re doing nothing wrong.

Im pretty sure they can open another buyout window and buyout Brodie which would carry no cap penalty next season.

I know, I'm saying it shouldn't be allowed. At the end of the day, it's completely terrible GM'ing, as Treliving has completely shut the door on any trade leverage he could have possibly had in any deal. Now they're not compliant and teams can benefit off of TO's terrible cap management

Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I know, I'm saying it shouldn't be allowed. At the end of the day, it's completely terrible GM'ing, as Treliving has completely shut the door on any trade leverage he could have possibly had in any deal. Now they're not compliant and teams can benefit off of TO's terrible cap management

Don’t have to be compliant till opening night.

Like I said a Brodie buyout would get them under the cap. Give them time to work out a Nylander or Murray trade if that’s their plan.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t have to be compliant till opening night.

Like I said a Brodie buyout would get them under the cap. Give them time to work out a Nylander or Murray trade if that’s their plan.

Is there another buyout window?

7 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Well, they don't have many quality NHL dmen. 

That is such BS.  Theyve got 2 ultra offensive D-men (Rielly/Klingberg), two solid 2-way D-men (Giordano/McCabe), and two solid defensive Ds (Brodie/Liljegren).  All of them are QUALITY D-men who play their roles well.

Edited by Bob.Loblaw
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

That is such BS.  Theyve got 2 ultra offensive D-men (Rielly/Klingberg), two solid 2-way D-men (Giordano/McCabe), and two solid defensive Ds (Brodie/Sandin).  All of them are QUALITY D-men who play their roles well.

Sandin is in Washington now

5 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

That is such BS.  Theyve got 2 ultra offensive D-men (Rielly/Klingberg), two solid 2-way D-men (Giordano/McCabe), and two solid defensive Ds (Brodie/Liljegren).  All of them are QUALITY D-men who play their roles well.

The Canuck D is better than that mess. The Canuck goaltending is better than that mess. Quality, I'll call you on that one.