The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] 22 players elect salary arbitration

17 hours ago, HKSR said:

I've got the system figured out boys....

Team offers:  $2.4M

Player offers:  $15.5M

BOOM!!  $8.95M in the middle! 

New clients can sign up here.  I'll represent y'alls any day, any time!

Both sides present comparables.  Can't go full out of range as there aren't comparables available and risk of being considered delusional and ignored.

Via NBC Chicago who cite Scott Powers of the Athletic, "Kurashev filed a request for a one-year contract with a salary cap hit of $2.65 million. The Blackhawks' offer would pay him $1.4 million per season for the next two years."

Edited by mll

12 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I really like McBain they used our 2nd to get him and I think that was a great trade. Does 1 year walk him to UFA? Would be targeting him next offseason for sure. 

Even the 2 year he's still an RFA he's only 23 right now 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I really like McBain they used our 2nd to get him and I think that was a great trade. Does 1 year walk him to UFA? Would be targeting him next offseason for sure. 

He'll still be RFA.  The team is asking for a 2-year award.  Arbitration can only cover RFA years - ie it would have capped at 1-year if he was to reach UFA next year.  He'll be UFA only in summer 2027 at age 27 - he won't have the pro-years to hit UFA earlier.    

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Any news on Trent Frederic?  If Swayman is getting anything close to $4 million, then Boston will surely be over the cap once Frederic's number comes in.  They will need to make a trade...

CapFriendly has them with 5.4M in cap space with a roster of 21 but they list Megna on the main roster - he signed a 2-way.  If they demote him and go with a roster of 22, they would have 6.2M to sign Swayman and Frederic which should be sufficient.  

Swayman's number are probably going to come close to Samsonov who was just awarded 3.55M in arbitration.  

Samsonov 42 games 2.33 gaa 0.919 sv% vs Swayman 37 games 2.27 gaa  0.920 sv% 

If Swayman gets say 3.8M it would leave 2.4M for Frederic which is more than the mid-way point between team and player ask (2.15M).  

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1