The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IGNORE

Gator

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

How will team maintenance be tracked on the spread sheets? Will that mostly be on individual GMs?

No, that'll be on myself and possibly other exec members. You just have to post roster moves in thread. Recalls, assignments, etc

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2023 at 9:35 PM, Gator said:

I am a fan of that, but I will need to try and find a sweet spot.. I don't want to see a Borowieki or Gudas become a top 10 Dman in the league making like $2M aav lol.. But I do like the outside the box scoring.. Haven't really discussed the scoring structure behind the scenes yet, but we will be looking into it shortly for sure.

Priority atm is teamsheets and filling up the league. With only 14 spots available, I would say we're ahead of schedule right now, so hopefully it won't be too long for a CBA to be rolled out.

Also I will always be an open ear for ideas to improve the league, even after the CBA is released. This is my first time trying to organize something this big so I'm sure it won't be perfect, but getting ideas like this from y'all will really help me form this league into one everyone can enjoy!

There needs to be some way to reward solid defensive players like Pelech or Marino, who are smooth as butter but don't put up anything on the statsheets.  No points, no PIMs, not even that many blocks/hits.  Devon Toews would be another example of someone who scores half as many points as Karlsson but probably provides twice the impact for his team.

I don't want to win using an EA Sports 'chel team filled with pure scorers from top to bottom (ie. stack the blueline with hyper-offensive D-men like Klingberg, Barrie & DeAngelo).

Edited by Bob.Loblaw
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

There needs to be some way to reward solid defensive players like Pelech or Marino, who are smooth as butter but don't put up anything on the statsheets.  No points, no PIMs, not even that many blocks/hits.  Devon Toews would be another example of someone who scores half as many points as Karlsson but probably provides twice the impact for his team.

I don't want to win using an EA Sports 'chel team filled with pure scorers from top to bottom (ie. stack the blueline with hyper-offensive D-men like Klingberg, Barrie & DeAngelo).

Unfortunately unless they're hitting the statsheet somewhere there's really no way to earn points in any fantasy format.

I am thinking about making the scoring as follows. Subject to change.

Forwards:
G: 4 points
A: 4 points
PP Point: 1 point
SH Point: 2 points
OT Point: 1 points
GWG: 1 points
+/-: 1 point per each + rating

PIM: 0.25 points per minute

Hits: 0.25 points

Blocked shots: 0.25 points
Hat-Trick: 3 points
Shootout Winning Goal: 1 point

Defenseman:

G: 5 points
A: 5 points

Hat-Trick: 5 points

Goaltenders:
W: 10 points
OT/Shootout Loss: 5 points
SO: 10 points
G: 99 points
A: 10 points

80% Chance team sheets will be released tonight sometime.

Also there are 3 GMs that has expressed interest in joining. I'm expecting all 3 to join next time they're on CDC, Which would leave just 11 open spots!

So if you've been sitting back waiting for the league to fill up a bit before jumping in, now might be the time to do so. I'm hoping everything will be in full swing by end of the month (teamsheets, CBA, dates, etc)

• Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 13 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League
14 hours ago, Gator said:

Unfortunately unless they're hitting the statsheet somewhere there's really no way to earn points in any fantasy format.

I am thinking about making the scoring as follows. Subject to change.

Forwards:
G: 4 points
A: 4 points

Defenseman:

G: 5 points
A: 5 points

Goaltenders:
W: 10 points
OT/Shootout Loss: 5 points
SO: 10 points
G: 99 points
A: 10 points

If we have hits and blocks do we still need PIM? I know it's kind of been a pool/fantasy staple for decades just to try to provide value to a wider variety of players. While hits and blocks aren't perfect, they're more useful positive stats than PIMs, which should almost be a negative stat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

If we have hits and blocks do we still need PIM? I know it's kind of been a pool/fantasy staple for decades just to try to provide value to a wider variety of players. While hits and blocks aren't perfect, they're more useful positive stats than PIMs, which should almost be a negative stat.

That may be something to look at down the road. Most leagues do 1pt per PIM and the plan is to lower it to either 0.5 or 0.25. So it will be significantly less than your typical league anyway. That's not to say we won't consider taking it out right away either, but I'm not sure I want to completely remove it right out of the gate, if at all. Will be discussed over the next couple days/week(s)

• Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 12 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League
On 7/15/2023 at 9:03 PM, Gator said:

CENTRAL

Arizona Coyotes - @Bounce000

Chicago Blackhawks - @Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche - @thrago

Dallas Stars - @Primal Optimist

Minnesota Wild - @MeanSeanBean

Nashville Predators - @BigTramFan

St. Louis Blues - @Phil The Thrill / @Master Mind

Winnipeg Jets - @arby18_

Central is the 1st division to be filled!

Good luck fellas :metal:

TEAM SHEETS ARE FINALLY READY!

Draft List tab also included to help people with the fantasy draft. I didn't pull the info off of CapFriendly, which is what we will be using as reference for players contracts. So please make sure you do your research to avoid any mistakes.

If you have any issues with you team sheet let me know and I will do my best to get to it as quickly as I can. Will be working on a CBA over the next few days!

TEAM SHEETS:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K73-kOs0GyzSLcaAGth-M2QLWgLm_HDNqRhJt3GwO_E/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Gator
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

16 hours ago, Gator said:

That may be something to look at down the road. Most leagues do 1pt per PIM and the plan is to lower it to either 0.5 or 0.25. So it will be significantly less than your typical league anyway. That's not to say we won't consider taking it out right away either, but I'm not sure I want to completely remove it right out of the gate, if at all. Will be discussed over the next couple days/week(s)

While it's been the norm for CDC to use PIM, the fantasy industry has been replacing PIM and +/- with hits and shots on goal as standard categories.

PIM was taken out as it's often a negative stat in-game, and misconducts often become more valuable than goals. Then +/- favours players on better teams, which already have boosted value for playoffs.

If you decide to keep PIM and +/-, it is better that their values are lowered than elsewhere. But it may be worth considering removing them (and adding shots) as that's what many others will be used to (if you're bringing in GMs who haven't been in CDC leagues) and may help attract more GMs.

• Like 2

Looking for feedback on current scoring structure..

Forwards:

Goal: 4 points

Assist: 3 points

Powerplay Point: 1 point

Shorthanded Point: 2 points

Overtime Point: 1 points

Game Winning Goal: 1 points

Shots On Goal: 0.25 points

Penalty Minutes: 0.25 points per minute

Blocks 0.25 points

Defenseman:

Goal: 5 points

Assist: 4 points

Powerplay Point: 1 point

Shorthanded Point: 2 points

Overtime Point: 1 points

Game Winning Goal: 2 points

Shots On Goal: 0.25 points

Penalty Minutes: 0.25 points per minute

Blocks 0.25 points

Goaltenders:

Win: 10 points

Overtime/Shootout Loss: 5 points

Shutout: 10 points

Goal: 99 points

Assist: 10 points

Penalty Minutes: 1 point per minute

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2

• Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 11 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League
  • Gator changed the title to [PICK YOUR TEAM - 10 SPOTS LEFT!] CDCGFL - CDC's "BRAND NEW" Fantasy League

NEW FEATURE COMING TO CDCGFL?

Currently working on a cool new team morale feature. If I can find the right formula, and get everything to calculate properly this could be a huge feature used in determining free agency decisions!

Things that play a factor in your teams morale are... Players tenure with team, PR budget, Total salary spent on players, and seeding. The CBA has been put on the back burner while I try and get the right formula together for this new system. However, I feel like I'm close to a finished product now. So hopefully the CBA will still be done in the next 24 hours. Already made solid progress on it to this point.

• Like 2