The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] CDCGFL 2023-24

Gator

2 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

only a quarter million dollar payraise for a first overall draft pick? Nice, i can't wait to use this as my comparables for Leo and Luke. 

If your guys are hovering around bust territory for their draft positions I'm sure they will be open to a reasonably cheap bridge deal. Lafreniere isn't a bust, but he has definitely struggled. Upside is still there though for sure.. He's betting on himself to turn things around in the next 3 seasons.

Edited by Gator
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Gator said:

If your guys are hovering around bust territory for their draft positions I'm sure they will be open to a reasonably cheap bridge deal. Lafreniere isn't a bust, but he has definitely struggled. Upside is still there though for sure.. He's betting on himself to turn things around in the next 3 seasons.

We asked for long term to test the agents metal. 3 years was the max term under consideration which imo is pretty realistic. We wanted him to show committment to the franchise and he did that by doing a three year bridge. I suspect he will eventually iron things out and earn a sizable raise in three years time. 

• Cheers 1

Just want to make everyone aware of how the team morale will be calculated. The formula may get adjusted as time goes, but this it what it is for now.

TEAM MORALE FORMULA

(PR÷2)x(SS÷2)*(1+T+CB÷5)÷23¹⁰÷(S+PL+25)

PR = PR Budget

SS = Salary spent

T = Tenure (days)

CB = Captain bonus (days x9)

S = Seeding

PL = Penalty level

Edited by Gator

12 minutes ago, Gator said:

Just want to make everyone aware of how the team morale will be calculated. The formula may get adjusted as time goes, but this it what it is for now.

TEAM MORALE FORMULA

PR = PR Budget

SS = Salary spent

T = Tenure (days)

CB = Captain bonus

S = Seeding

PL = Penalty level

ANy chance you can use example numbers? like:

TEAM MORALE FORMULA

PR = PR Budget =30m

SS = Salary spent =62m

T = Tenure (days) =245 (roughly near the end of first season)

CB = Captain bonus =245 (ditto)

S = Seeding =5th

PL = Penalty level =0

or whatever an "average club" could expect to see in each variable near the end of this coming season and give us a rough final number that such a club would have? 
asking cuz its been a long long time since I was doing circular functions, trig and calculus; so i am super rusty but it looks like you have 23 to the tenth power in the formula which is 4142 6511213649 but that can't be right..so i know i am not getting it. 

Just curious really, i know it will make more sense by the end of the first year for sure.

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

ANy chance you can use example numbers? like:

TEAM MORALE FORMULA

PR = PR Budget =30m

SS = Salary spent =62m

T = Tenure (days) =245 (roughly near the end of first season)

CB = Captain bonus =245 (ditto)

S = Seeding =5th

PL = Penalty level =0

or whatever an "average club" could expect to see in each variable near the end of this coming season and give us a rough final number that such a club would have? 
asking cuz its been a long long time since I was doing circular functions, trig and calculus; so i am super rusty but it looks like you have 23 to the tenth power in the formula which is 4142 6511213649 but that can't be right..so i know i am not getting it. 

Just curious really, i know it will make more sense by the end of the first year for sure.

I would suggest duplicating the team sheets add toying with the data.. I did a lot of that while trying to make the formula, and it's still hard to judge how it's going to work in the live environment.. Hence why I'm hesitant to use it year 1

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

I would suggest duplicating the team sheets add toying with the data.. I did a lot of that while trying to make the formula, and it's still hard to judge how it's going to work in the live environment.. Hence why I'm hesitant to use it year 1

I get ya, i am not gonna worry about it then, it will be a surprise in about year to see what it is, hehe. I like the concept though to be sure. 

We have got the 20 votes needed to change the rule. You will now only be permitted to have 1 2022 or 2023 prospect in the first 11 rounds. Meaning you cannot select a 2nd one until round 12. You can still only have a max of 3 by the end of 20 rounds.

The Montreal Canadiens are proud to welcome Sebastian Cossa to the franchise.

Could contain: Helmet, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Face, Head, Playing American Football, Sport, Ice Hockey

He has spent the past season honing his craft down in the ECHL as a very young goaltender. He has shown consistent improvement and a willingness to learn. We are excited to bring him into the fold here in Quebec!

Welcome Sebastian!

The Vancouver Canucks would like to welcome both Scott Perunovich & Oliver Wahlstrom to the team. We feel both players will play a big role for us for years to come. Both players we feel are primed to break out any year now, and it could be as soon as this season for both of them. That is our hope anyway. 

We feel pretty good about our draft so far. We feel we have done a good job in terms of trying to compete early, but also formed a very solid young core of players. Guys like Askarov & Nemec may be a year or 2 away, but they will quickly become cornerstone pieces for the organization moving forward. For now the Vancouver Canucks roster is shaping up like so...

Could contain: Advertisement, Poster, Text, Sign, Symbol

It's no question we will need to start drafting more goalies and defenseman in the coming rounds, but we feel good about our draft so far overall. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

The Buffalo Sabres,

Are excited to let the good people of Buffalo and Sabres fans everywhere know the announcement of the rest of the leadership group for the upcoming season Joining Captain Nathan Mackinnon as the first assistant captain in franchise history this guy has scored 822 career regular season goals has over 1400 points and already has 15+ years of Leadership skills as an assistant and captain in his tenure in Washington, Alex Ovechkin. Joining Nate Dogg and Ovi on the leadership group as the second assistant in franchise history a young stud coming into his own and a player ready to take their game to the next level on and off the ice, Robert “Goofy” Thomas. 

Captain: Nathan MacKinnon (pre dated)

Assistant: Alex Ovechkin (today)

Assistant: Robert Thomas (today)  

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

Welcome to the Tampa Bay Lightning to Teuvo and Mackenzie. Overall we are happy about how the team is shaking up thus far and are excited to see who we get to add with our next picks!

Spoiler

TAMPA BAY
1200px-Tampa_Bay_Lightning_Logo_2011.svg.png
LIGHTNING

2023/24 CDCGFL  
    LW C RW  
  1st Line 19 8479314.jpg FLA.png.8cd0393c8bf5e18166b62ebb865c7b07.png 22 8477942.jpg LAK.png.b8f5d7862179f4e75d853deba04cf652.png 88 8477939.jpg 1200px-Toronto_Maple_Leafs_2016_logo.svg.png  
    LW/RW Matthew Tkachuk united-states.webp LW/RW/C Kevin Fiala switzerland.webp RW William Nylander sweden.webp  
    GP G A PTS Fpts GP G A PTS Fpts GP G A PTS Fpts  
    79 40 69 109 554 69 23 49 72 353 82 40 47 87 429  
  2nd Line 27 8477940.jpg WPG.png.fc771f77199b14b787888eb768dbf46d.png 86 8476882.jpg CAR.png.e31fd26ed1ea76744e1db9dcbbadcf83.png #N/A   #N/A  
    LW Nikolaj Ehlers denmark.webp LW/RW/C Teuvo Teravainen finland.webp #N/A   #N/A  
    45 12 26 38 186 68 12 25 37 193 #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A  
  3rd Line #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A  
    #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A  
    #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A  
  4th Line #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A  
  Depth #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A  
    LD RD Goalies  
  1st Defense pair

Starting Goalie
#N/A   #N/A 5 8477932.jpg FLA.png.8cd0393c8bf5e18166b62ebb865c7b07.png 36 8480313.jpg VGK.png.3db19542de1c67b360dc8c5bd03b38c6.png  
    #N/A   #N/A RHD Aaron Ekblad canada.webp G Logan Thompson canada.webp  
    GP G A PTS Fpts GP G A PTS Fpts W L OTL GAA SV %  
    #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A 71 14 24 38 301 21 13 3 2.65 0.915  
  2nd Defense Pair

Backup Goalie
#N/A   #N/A 52 8477346.jpg CGY.png.f17a0708ffb0fadcf13cfd8b84a5a8a7.png 20 8481611.jpg CAR.png.e31fd26ed1ea76744e1db9dcbbadcf83.png  
    #N/A   #N/A RHD Mackenzie Weegar canada.webp G Pyotr Kochetkov russia.webp  
    GP G A PTS Fpts GP G A PTS Fpts W L OTL GAA SV %  
    #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A 81 4 27 31 263 12 7 5 2.44 0.909  
  3rd Defense Pair #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A        
    #N/A   #N/A #N/A   #N/A        
    GP G A PTS Fpts GP G A PTS Fpts            
    #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A            
  Spares #N/A   #N/A              
    #N/A   #N/A              
    GP G A PTS Fpts                      
    #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A                      

Injured Reserve

Edited by Relyt Krets
  • Like 2

After having been a laughing stock of the NHL throughout most of the Eugene Melnyk era (R.I.P.), an investment group led by Daniel Alfredsson purchased the team, hired Jason Spezza as POHO, and after much deliberation, brought on HighOnHockey to GM, committed to return the franchise to it's "Pizza Day" levels of dominance.

Roster so far:

Jason Robertson (C) - John Tavares (A) - Jack Quinn

Branden Hagel - Joel Eriksson Ek -

- Wyatt Johnston -

J.J. Moser - Brent Burns

Jeremy Swayman

Comments from Bruce Garrioch: "HOH always gives precedence to veterans and lets the next generation earn their way up the lineup, so leave it to Ottawa to commit their 3rd round pick to 3rd line center for the next two years. They'll need to be smart about the money, but look for them to add veterans to push Quinn, Moser, and Swayman down the lineup"

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Like 2

Florida Panthers (11 picks in):

Brad Marchand - Alex Tuch - Andrei Kuzmenko

Matias Maccelli - Erik Haula - Mats Zuccarello

Simon Edvinsson - Tony DeAngelo

Igor Shesterkin

Ukko-Pekka Lukkonnen

Prospects: Jimmy Snuggerud

Fiscal prudence is the name of our game. After having added good, quality players on great contracts up to this point, it will allow for more flexibility/options as the draft persists. At the end of the day, we want to build a team that has a chance to win in both the regular season and in the playoffs; and to build a sustainable winner. I think we are on the right track to accomplishing those things!

- HV

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1