The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGFL FANTASY DRAFT

Gator

On 7/29/2023 at 10:49 PM, Gator said:

Contracts will be taking from capfriendly. Whatever the players AAV is is what you'll be charged with per season. If they had their salary retained when traded to another team that WILL NOT be taken off the GFL aav. You will be charged the total aav of their contract. Any NTC or NMC on a players contract also comes with them to GFL, and will follow the rules of the NTC/NMC in the CBA.

There was a concern brought up about a potential contract dispute regarding players with retained salaries. If a player has an aav of $8M, but a team is only being charged $5M aav due to salary retention, you will be charged the full $8M aav of their contract.

Hope I worded that correctly, and questions feel free to ask on discord or the official GFL thread. Thanks

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Gator said:

There was a concern brought up about a potential contract dispute regarding players with retained salaries. If a player has an aav of $8M, but a team is only being charged $5M aav due to salary retention, you will be charged the full $8M aav of their contract.

Hope I worded that correctly, and questions feel free to ask on discord or the official GFL thread. Thanks

Makes sense: the first example I found on capfriendly shows on teh team depth chart 1.75m but when you click the players link there it takes you to his 3.5m contract. Since no team here will paying that missing 1.75, then the full 3.5 is born by the drafting GM. Totally makes sense. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Enjoy that Huberdeau contract!

Learn to evaluate players properly. Huberdeau was payed exactly what he's worth and earned. He was second to McDavid in scoring one season ago and scored over a PPG three straight seasons before that. You do realize Sutter destroyed his confidence right and now Huberdeau can focus without that psychopath around? There was confirmed reports that Sutter was so bad that players and even team staff were scared to come to the rink every day. So I will enjoy every minute of that Huberdeau contract and if it does not work out than I'll still be glad I took the gamble on it.