The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGFL FANTASY DRAFT

Gator

This rule change seems to benefit some, I'm not even sure what's changing. I know I don't have any prospects yet, so does that mean I'm hooped?

I'd vote yes for a stricter time limit on making picks. Do some GMs really not know who they want by the time it's their turn the next day?  

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This rule change seems to benefit some, I'm not even sure what's changing. I know I don't have any prospects yet, so does that mean I'm hooped?

I'd vote yes for a stricter time limit on making picks. Do some GMs really not know who they want by the time it's their turn the next day?  

I most definitely do not know. I have ideas, but at no point has a couple days gone by and the players I was hoping to take still been there for me to take. Even this morning my 2 picks were Wolf, and Toffoli. Both those players went just picks before my own and I had to pivot.

I'd vote no right now for a stricter limit. I feel like my picks have come in quite quickly overall, but it's summer. People shouldn't be glued to their devices.

8 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I most definitely do not know. I have ideas, but at no point has a couple days gone by and the players I was hoping to take still been there for me to take. Even this morning my 2 picks were Wolf, and Toffoli. Both those players went just picks before my own and I had to pivot.

I'd vote no right now for a stricter limit. I feel like my picks have come in quite quickly overall, but it's summer. People shouldn't be glued to their devices.

I don't think we need stricter times yet either, but the sooner we get this done, the sooner we can enjoy the rest of our summers. The ones that have to deal with the brunt of it are the ones running the show as they have to keep up to date on everything. Then they have to deal with free agency afterwards and so on.

We have got the 20 votes needed to change the rule. You will now only be permitted to have 1 2022 or 2023 prospect in the first 11 rounds. Meaning you cannot select a 2nd one until round 12. You can still only have a max of 3 by the end of 20 rounds.

9 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Ah well, maybe it's just me being impatient, and I do understand some people have to work.  

• Like 1

If we keep at roughlyva round a day we are good, but I am thankful for the cut down in timers each Monday. Being potentially skipp3d is less a worry after about round 20, imo. That wouldn't really alter a franchise and I am sure I will be a skip candidate every Thursday as I am in meetings pretty much all day Thursdays. I plan to send a list though

1 hour ago, Gator said:

IMPORTANT LEAGUE VOTE!

Could contain: Text

If youre not on discord feel free to DM me your vote if you're in favor of the rule change. Thanks!

How did this all pop up over 8 hours? I have not even seen it to vote.

Not keen on changing draft rules themselves mid stream.  The existing structure altered what I did in earlier rounds.  This is dumb!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

How did this all pop up over 8 hours? I have not even seen it to vote.

Not keen on changing draft rules themselves mid stream.  The existing structure altered what I did in earlier rounds.  This is dumb!

I do apologize for any inconvenience. If it's any consolation I am kind of getting screwed in my strategy as well by the change, but it's for the better of the league in terms of fair playing field.

I will own the mistake, and deserve any backlash that comes of it. It should have been a thing from the start if I took the time to think it over. It was eating at me for days, and when it was brought to my attention by another GM it started the discussion. We discussed the idea of putting it up to a vote with the league. We decided a vote would be the way to go, and it passed with 20 votes (very quickly). I do apologize for the inconvenience. I ask you to respect the ruling, and promise to to my best to avoid these circumstances in the future.

22 minutes ago, Gator said:

We have got the 20 votes needed to change the rule. You will now only be permitted to have 1 2022 or 2023 prospect in the first 11 rounds. Meaning you cannot select a 2nd one until round 12. You can still only have a max of 3 by the end of 20 rounds.

I cannot even find this vote; just looked in 'League votes'.

This rule should not proceed.

Just now, Canuck Surfer said:

I cannot even find this vote; just looked in 'League votes'.

This rule should not proceed.

It was taken down after the enough votes were in to pass. At that point there was no need to keep it up

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

I do apologize for any inconvenience. If it's any consolation I am kind of getting screwed in my strategy as well by the change, but it's for the better of the league in terms of fair playing field.

I will own the mistake, and deserve any backlash that comes of it. It should have been a thing from the start if I took the time to think it over. It was eating at me for days, and when it was brought to my attention by another GM it started the discussion. We discussed the idea of putting it up to a vote with the league. We decided a vote would be the way to go, and it passed with 20 votes (very quickly). I do apologize for the inconvenience. I ask you to respect the ruling, and promise to to my best to avoid these circumstances in the future.

Dont change rules mid stream.  Full stop.  This rule should backed off. 

It alters the category of when certain types of players.  And is already impacting the draft.  Please send a screenshot of this vote in the leage vote section, with a notification and a reasonable time frame (like before the draft). How do I even vote on something without a ballot?

https://discord.com/channels/1132349119680221239/1132432977457057903

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

It was taken down after the enough votes were in to pass. At that point there was no need to keep it up

When was it posted, why did I not get a notification.  Each of the last three rounds I made specific selections based on strategy as to when players would & would not potentially slip / be taken. I even started out taking my one and only 22/23 1st early having a strategy based on the rules from the start.

It changes the values of the no 22/23 prospects and veterans.

You need to back this off.  Nobody posted in the thread that I saw.

So who's idea or feedback was it???

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Dont change rules mid stream.  Full stop.  This rule should backed off. 

It alters the category of when certain types of players.  And is already impacting the draft.  Please send a screenshot of this vote in the leage vote section, with a notification and a reasonable time frame (like before the draft). How do I even vote on something without a ballot?

https://discord.com/channels/1132349119680221239/1132432977457057903

I can confirm that the rule received 20+ positive votes within about 20 minutes.

Why the message was deleted I'll never know.

Why we are changing rules mid draft I don't understand.

All that being said, its a good change. Essentially: instead of waiting until the conclusion of round 10 for the limit on 2022 or 2023 prospects to expire, we wait until the conclusion of round 11, thus the teams who were lower in the round 1 draft order get the first crack at a 2nd 2022/23 draftee.

You still have an opportunity to pick your 1 before that point.

• Upvote 1