The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Captaincy

Rate this topic

Slegr

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

This is actually hilarious.

You snivel about pretty much everything, yet Miller plays with passion and you try to "spin it on the haters"? 

I ain't no JT fanboy, but I can't remotely imagine someone like you being a captain. 

I'd rather JT be the captain instead of putting unnecessary pressure on Petey or Hughes. 

the occasional coasting throwing tamper tantrum on the bench not give a f about a play after a turnover is part of his passion right? or are you going to say he's trying to conserve energy fire up the bench with his tantrum and giving his goalie the vote of confidence on a odd man rush and he isn't needed to clear a potential rebound if the goalie saves it?.. can't remotely imagine someone like me being a captain? did i mention or say i'm captain material. imagine some random internet guy doesn't agree with someone's opinion and decides i need to make fun or attack someone else they don't know's trait

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

This is actually hilarious.

You snivel about pretty much everything, yet Miller plays with passion and you try to "spin it on the haters"? 

I ain't no JT fanboy, but I can't remotely imagine someone like you being a captain. 

I'd rather JT be the captain instead of putting unnecessary pressure on Petey or Hughes. 

Huh, that got oddly personal for your first comment on the subject.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

the occasional coasting throwing tamper tantrum on the bench not give a f about a play after a turnover is part of his passion right? or are you going to say he's trying to conserve energy fire up the bench with his tantrum and giving his goalie the vote of confidence on a odd man rush and he isn't needed to clear a potential rebound if the goalie saves it?.. can't remotely imagine someone like me being a captain? did i mention or say i'm captain material. imagine some random internet guy doesn't agree with someone's opinion and decides i need to make fun or attack someone else they don't know's trait

Whatever. You McBean are haters. And clearly, you are constantly whinging about pretty much everything. 

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Whatever. You McBean are haters. And clearly, you are constantly whinging about pretty much everything. 

sure call me a hater call me whatever u want as long as it makes you happy. if the team wasn't so god awful for a decade with bad moves after bad moves after bad moves maybe there'd be less things to whine about? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Out of curiosity what have I said that's made me a "hater" as you so eloquently put it.

You keep challenging Deb, whether or not Miller should be captain. 

You don't like him, fine. 

But that's only your opinion. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

You keep challenging Deb, whether or not Miller should be captain. 

You don't like him, fine. 

But that's only your opinion. 

So because I have a different opinion on if Miller should be captain, I'm a hater? I even said I thought he should wear an A. So there's only 1 right opinion on subjects and everyone else is a hater?

7 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

So because I have a different opinion on if Miller should be captain, I'm a hater? I even said I thought he should wear an A. So there's only 1 right opinion on subjects and everyone else is a hater?

It's pretty apparent that you are against Miller, and you're always debating Deb. 

And there are others. 

Chill. It's not worth fighting for. 

6 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

It's pretty apparent that you are against Miller, and you're always debating Deb. 

And there are others. 

Chill. It's not worth fighting for. 

I don't recall any other times I have debated Deb, when was another time?  We're not fighting, but if you call someone out they might question you.

37 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Who is fighting.?

You may not have noticed but this is a forum for people to post their opinion on Canuck issues.

If, as you say it's not worth it ; then why don't you go away? or just put people on ignore?

You must be joking. 

Obviously not. 

You're "entitled" to your opinion, you can go away anytime you want. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

13 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

You must be joking. 

Obviously not. 

You're "entitled" to your opinion, you can go away anytime you want. 

Oh, so  you do, actually believe it is worth 'fighting" but just want people who have different opinion to go away?

Back in the old days that was called 'gatekeeping' iirc.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, Baratheon said:

This is a case where I support the coaches decision.  Personally I do not think he’ll be picking Miller but if he does then that’s great.  JT sets an example (well… usually anyways) that I’d like the rest of the team to follow.  RT will select Hughes if I was to guess.  Seems like the most intelligent choice but again… I defer to the coach on this.  I like the way RT approaches things (so far anyways) and think it’s important that he continues to run the ship his way.

I like all 3 of the candidates, although Pete doesn't give me the impression that he wants the job.

In the end, it will be decided by the folks that know these guys and their games very well.  Hopefully

dealing with the horrible media in this city won't become just one person's job.  The 'As' should

step up and help out as well.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Oh, so  you do, actually believe it is worth 'fighting" but just want people who have different opinion to go away?

Careful now Gurn, you're treading awfully close to 'hater' territory. 

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Careful now Gurn, you're treading awfully close to 'hater' territory. 

Meh, wouldn't be the first time, hopefully not the last.

And with the preservatives I eat, it is likely to happen many more times.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gurn said:

You're the "one" who told me that you have a right to your opinion as well. 

You ain't no saint either.