The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] forum closure

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

2 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

I’m surviving, but have been dealing with health issues for a while. I’m doing my best to combat them though. Gino never gave up and neither will I. 

I only came back here earlier this year and was surprised to not see you here. I saw your earlier post though. 

Damn, sorry to hear about the health issues.

I've had a few minor ones, but nothing "life altering". But I turned 50 this summer, and just time in general has worn me down. Sucks getting old.

Gino put 110% into everything he did, including staying around. He'd probably have a great big smirk knowing others are doing the same.

I have dipped in here for like a day here, a day there once a year or 2. Like I said in my earlier post, really learned to hate this team, and the game as whole, plus it wasnt the same as the mid-2000s era on this board, so I didnt see a lot of reason to chime in too often.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -SN- said:

To try to support the existing community and provide a place where everyone can continue, or simply come together, I've booted up a new forum at https://www.forumcanucks.com/ (soon to likely be https://www.canucksfanforum.com). The structure mostly follows what is here to make moving over simple and easy, but of course it is open to suggestion and change. I'll keep it going as long as possible.

blessthispost.gif.cc55a9129598eec5c3915e5e663d7f74.gif

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

As someone who doesnt live in canada anymore, this forum was the only way to keep up with news not just canuck/hockey related, but canadian in general. 

When they outright banned certain topics, it was pretty obvious this was coming.

Im finding myself giving less and less of an eff about hockey in general. Losing in 2011 and that whole shady final series, years of mediocrity, questionable DoPeS rulings, the whole league felt more like WWE than professional. 

It feels kind of refreshing, not “being able to” check scores and trade forums. Time to move on and find more productive things to do with my time....the final nail in the “hockey isnt fun anymore” coffin. 

Good luck everyone. So long, and thanks for all the fish. 

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I tried making an account just now and it said "the email you entered is not allowed to be used". Weird.

No, you see it's a small operation and the lone guy in charge has disallowed gmail accounts because of bots. But I have spoken to a mod about it and I'm sure Cornuck will get on it bright and early tomorrow and temporarily allow gmail accounts again given the unique circumstances.

Try again tomorrow. I'm sure I'll see you over there ::D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Gordon said:

No, you see it's a small operation and the lone guy in charge has disallowed gmail accounts because of bots. But I have spoken to a mod about it and I'm sure Cornuck will get on it bright and early tomorrow and temporarily allow gmail accounts again given the unique circumstances.

Try again tomorrow. I'm sure I'll see you over there ::D

Ok thanks. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, deus.ex.makina said:

hi, i try to register but the site doesn't allow gmail ? 

Yeah, that's right. It's because bots get in via gmail accounts, but like I said. I have brought up the novel situation going on here and you should be good to go tomorrow.

Just hang tight, we will definitely see you there tomorrow.

Cheers Megaterio Llamas

1 minute ago, Jack Gordon said:

Yeah, that's right. It's because bots get in via gmail accounts, but like I said. I have brought up the novel situation going on here and you should be good to go tomorrow.

Just hang tight, we will definitely see you there tomorrow.

Cheers Megaterio Llamas

OK fine ! i will try again tomorrow.