The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.vancouver...7552/story.html

I guess no UFC in Vancouver for the next little while.

Probably due to some bureaucratic BS from the mayor and company.

Good job, it's not like Vancouver isn't boring enough as is....

It really came down to two events since the Montreal one is obvious because of GSP's return in November. Calgary has had zero MMA events and they have really been hungering for it. Its not like there was a bunch of events in every major city but Vancouver. Take off your partisan goggles.

Judging by your username, avatar and sig it's no surprise you'd think this douchebag is awesome.

His act has gotten real old real fast.

thesitch.gif

Edited by The Situation
  • Upvote 1

It really came down to two events since the Montreal one is obvious because of GSP's return in November. Calgary has had zero MMA events and they have really been hungering for it. Its not like there was a bunch of events in every major city but Vancouver. Take off your partisan goggles.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/14/report-vancouver-likely-not-on-ufcs-calendar-in-2012

The UFC wants to stay... the city is just being difficult.

thesitch.gif

Ok I laughed :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Who would've thought that huge guy was on steroids. I mean, he didn't look like the type at all. Wonder if this will make Lesnar think about coming back at all.

Lesnar has already gone back to WWE. With his problems with diverticulitis I can't ever see him going back to UFC.

So who do you think they are going to give to JDS? Dana said that Mir v Velasquez is on for sure and I know alot of people have been calling for Hunt v Dos Santos but I'm still unsure...

This is all assuming of course, that Overeem doesn't get his s*** cleared

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As for UFC 146 this weekend.

The original card was probably the most exciting main card they've set up in a while.

Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem

Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir

Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva

Shane Del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

Stefan Struve vs. Mark Hunt

But because failed drug tests, and multiple injuries, this is the final card:

Junior dos Santos vs. Frank Mir

Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva

Roy Nelson vs. Dave Herman

Shane del Rosario vs. Stipe Miocic

Stefan Struve vs. Lavar Johnson

Too Bad, I would have loved to have seen Antonio Silva vs Big Country and JDS vs the demolition man.