The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Unacceptable.  After Christmas, winter had better be OVER with (hate winter).

Where can I file a complaint?  And I can't even call in to say I can't make it to work...boss bought me tires.  Bah humbug.

My neighbours are pathetic too...townhouse complex and some shovel their teeny bit of sidewalk out front.  There are a couple of guys (and me) who, when shoveling, go the extra mile 6 units or so to do the building.

(I feel for you, Rupert!)

You’d hate it here... we’re about to hit the minus 20 to -35 crunch for the next 2 or 3 months with the occasional couple days of warming up to drop some snow on us

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Unacceptable.  After Christmas, winter had better be OVER with (hate winter).

Where can I file a complaint?  And I can't even call in to say I can't make it to work...boss bought me tires.  Bah humbug.

My neighbours are pathetic too...townhouse complex and some shovel their teeny bit of sidewalk out front.  There are a couple of guys (and me) who, when shoveling, go the extra mile 6 units or so to do the building.

(I feel for you, Rupert!)

Should be safe Deb. What do they say; Its always sunny in Richmond ;P

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

You’d hate it here... we’re about to hit the minus 20 to -35 crunch for the next 2 or 3 months with the occasional couple days of warming up to drop some snow on us

I spent a winter in Fort Nelson.  That did me in for life.

17 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Really? I’d shovel it everytime if I was your neighbour. Even if I drove by and saw that....

My Dad's in his 80's and is having all kinds of health issues....before I can get down there to do his, his lovely neighbours do it.  He has at least 3 different families looking out for him...it's a wonderful thing to see.

I was joking as he received a bunch of goodies/gifts from them over Christmas...I said "I think I'll move into your hood".

His response:  "We're all full and not taking any more applications".  Bugger (we'd just been butting heads again, as we do).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

My Dad's in his 80's and is having all kinds of health issues....before I can get down there to do his, his lovely neighbours do it.  He has at least 3 different families looking out for him...it's a wonderful thing to see.

I was joking as he received a bunch of goodies/gifts from them over Christmas...I said "I think I'll move into your hood".

His response:  "We're all full and not taking any more applications".  Bugger (we'd just been butting heads again, as we do).

Maybe Dad doesn't want to have someone muscle in on his good life.

22 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Haha my family does that but within the 600km range... 

me personally, I’m just glad it’s warmed up to -9 today.

37 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I used to go up and shovel my brother-in-law out as he was wheel chair bound. Felt sorry for his neighbours in the condo so shoveled them out as well. That went on for a few years and as the residents turned over I became what I think they thought was the hired man. Some got quite snippy if I didn't have them dug out as fast as they thought. The ultimate was when a old fellow wanted to slip me a fiver to clean him out before my brother-in-law. :lol:

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I always book X-Mas off, usually around 3 weeks.  So I absolutely hate it when it doesn't snow during my holidays and it's even worse when it snows after January.  

Winter doesn't technically start until the last third of December (winter solstice), this shouldn't really be a surprise...

Snowfall warning for Metro Vancouver:

Snowfall warning in effect for:

• Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley

5 to 25 cm of snowfall accumulation by late Friday morning.

An intense Pacific low and front brewing in the Gulf of Alaska this afternoon will approach the south coast on Friday. The system is sliding down from the northwest so there will little be warming of the cool airmass in place over the Lower Mainland.

As a result, precipitation will fall mostly as snow over Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, Snow will begin late this evening and continue until late morning, or midday Friday.

Total amounts will be highly dependent on elevation and proximity to the water. The highest amounts will be over the North Shore and the northeast sector of Metro Vancouver. The higher elevations of West and North Vancouver, Coquitlam, Port Moody, Surrey and Maple Ridge will get 15 to 25 cm accumulation by late morning.

The City of Vancouver and Burnaby will receive 10 to 15 cm total.

At low elevations and near the Straight Georgia ( for example, Richmond) accumulations will likely be up to 5 cm.

The Fraser Valley will see 10 to 15 cm total accumulation by midday Friday. The higher end of the range will occur north of the Fraser River.

Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42