The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

She said she was pissed when Ned Stark died... like that's a spoiler at all.

This comment confused me on several levels. Initially I thought you were talking about Luciferase but then I realized that you didn't know that TS is a dude.

What I meant is that I hate it when people stop watching a show, especially one of this caliber, just because a character dies.

I don't actually hate you Olias. :P

Edited by Crom!
  • Upvote 1

sean bean's one of my favourite actors. kill him off and i lose interest, simple. so yea, i'm one of THOSE guys who won't watch a show anymore because my favourite actor gets killed off. i really loved that season and loved the show, but once that happened, it killed any momentum moving forward. but that's just me, and you hate me 14ddemd.jpg

This comment confused me on several levels. Initially I thought you were talking about Luciferase but then I realized that you didn't know that TS is a dude.

What I meant is that I hate it when people stop watching a show, especially one of this caliber, just because a character dies.

It's funny. I remember my first reading of the series almost 15 years ago. When Ned got his "haircut" I was "WTF! There's still three more books to go!"

sean bean's one of my favourite actors. kill him off and i lose interest, simple. so yea, i'm one of THOSE guys who won't watch a show anymore because my favourite actor gets killed off. i really loved that season and loved the show, but once that happened, it killed any momentum moving forward. but that's just me, and you hate me 14ddemd.jpg

46999556.jpg

Edited by Castiel

Just curious twilight: Did you watch The Return of the King?

If you like Sean Bean you should watch Equilibrium. It's a good, relatively unkown movie that he is in.

Edited by Crom!

Starting reading the books via audio files. Winning =D

Starks don't go down so quickly.

He isn't a Stark though :bigblush:

But I wasn't really referring to the fight. After the battle is over and you see him he looks pretty normal. I was surprised his face wasn't mush. The mountains fist had more bite than that Anvil xD

Bean has been married four times. That's a lot of alimony.

I always wondered why people even bother getting married when that is the case. But still better than a liter of kids. Such a broken system child support is.

\

Ned can be somewhat understandable in the sense that in the show we're initially left to think he's the main character. What got my jimmies rustled was the reaction by a predominantly female demographic after the showRed Wedding.

"I officially hate this show, I'm done :("
"It's impossible to come back from this, why would he do that?"

I don't know if it's just my kind looking for attention by feigning overinvestment but aside from the initial shock, RW basically killed off two characters the show barely gave any time or attention to. And bitches be crazy, they acted like it was the end of the world. I think NikiShiz or whoever had a status like that recently too. Not every plot twist has to make you smile and if it makes you cry, it's that much better not worse. So shut it.

All that matters is that the ship has been righted and there is a season 3 and 4 marathon awaiting after this weekend

Right?

i'm not gonna censor anything here for TS or anyone else who isn't caught up, so don't read if you don't want the red wedding spoiled

i was pretty disappointed by the wedding. i have no idea what sort of websites you read or people you talk to where this sort of thing was a gendered reaction, but catelyn was by far my favourite female character in the show--which isn't saying much given the selection. and pretty much all of the speculation i had done (before i had it spoiled!) involved Robb to some degree, too. i didn't think they were fringe characters at all, or maybe i just had higher hopes for the Starks

ofc i agree that that sort of reaction is totally idiotic (TS's included), but i get why people would react dramatically to it. i thought about the Oberyn thing, obsessively, for LITERALLY DAYS after it happened, and i found that character totally annoying. yet i found myself talking about it constantly with anyone who would listen. i probably would have lost my sht during the red wedding too, had it not been RUINED FOR ME. when/if it happens again, im not gonna shut it, sry

Edited by GLASSJAW

I second this suggestion

R + L = J still has him being a Stark

I need audio books to get me through the next few days of being almost legally blind post PRK surgery. Can you perhaps pm me the link if it includes audio books 4 & 5?

You did it??? Congratz!

\

i'm not gonna censor anything here for TS or anyone else who isn't caught up, so don't read if you don't want the red wedding spoiled

i was pretty disappointed by the wedding. i have no idea what sort of websites you read or people you talk to where this sort of thing was a gendered reaction, but catelyn was by far my favourite female character in the show--which isn't saying much given the selection. and pretty much all of the speculation i had done (before i had it spoiled!) involved Robb to some degree, too. i didn't think they were fringe characters at all, or maybe i just had higher hopes for the Starks

ofc i agree that that sort of reaction is totally idiotic (TS's included), but i get why people would react dramatically to it. i thought about the Oberyn thing, obsessively, for LITERALLY DAYS after it happened, and i found that character totally annoying. yet i found myself talking about it constantly with anyone who would listen. i probably would have lost my sht during the red wedding too, had it not been RUINED FOR ME. when/if it happens again, im not gonna shut it, sry

Whaa? If there's something that GoT has in droves, it's great female characters (Danerys not included in that because she sucks).