The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

the more they play with each other the more they will rub off on each other, causing both of them to become more well rounded. Get the chemistry going in the AHL this year, then hopefully they are ready for the NHL the following year. Having a d-pairing make the jump with each other would be an instant boost.

Optimistic, but I won't say I wouldn't love to see that.

anybody see the poll this time on the Sea Dogs site:

Who was Saint John's best player in Round Three versus Victoriaville?

Yann Sauvé received 4.6% of the vote. the least amount, even the option OTHER beat him out

however theres only 434 votes and d-man don't usually make the a-list for fans

http://www.saintjohnseadogs.com/cms/index.php?option=com_poll&task=results&id=203

Yann Sauve= future Luc Bourdon? except for the motorcycle accident... (R.I.P)

I don't think any dman in our system right now has the complete physical/talent package that Luc possessed. Bourdon was a much better dman than Sauve in the Q at the same age. I wish he was still here as an Edler Bourdon pairing would've stabilized our blueline for the next 10 years.

Twenty-year-old Sauvé will most likely be ending his junior career with his highest totals in all categories this year. Along with Simon Després (PIT), and youngster Nathan Beaulieu, Sauvé has been an anchor on defense for a fast-skating Sea Dogs team.

The Canucks will probably determine that next year he would be better served by beginning his professional career; however, with other defensemen ahead of him on the Canucks depth charts, this will most likely be with the ECHL Victoria Salmon Kings. Obviously, this transition will be contingent on how well he performs at training camp. But that aside, playing against bigger, faster players will help Sauvé to continue developing his decision-making skills with the puck.

The Sea Dogs postseason is rolling right along, and Sauvé sits third overall on the team in points by a defenseman with seven

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/12109/canucks_junior_prospects200910_review/

Is this guy an idiot? There is absolutely no way Sauve starts the season in the ECHL. He would have to be absolutely terrible at training camp for that to happen. Even then, they'd still probably start him with the Moose.

http://www.hockeysfu...s200910_review/

Is this guy an idiot? There is absolutely no way Sauve starts the season in the ECHL. He would have to be absolutely terrible at training camp for that to happen. Even then, they'd still probably start him with the Moose.

I know right!

Sauve will be given every opportunity to make the canucks next season and i believe he will succeed. He is the canucks most gifted Dman prospect no question.

The thought of having a player of his calibre in the lineup is exciting.

I know right!

Sauve will be given every opportunity to make the canucks next season and i believe he will succeed. He is the canucks most gifted Dman prospect no question.

The thought of having a player of his calibre in the lineup is exciting.

I think the same can be said for Kevin Connauton

Wouldn't it be great though it BOTH were incredible during training camp?

it would be amazing if both were, but it's unlikely either one will make the team out of camp next year... the following year could be very different though (also, it depends on our offseason). if they earn a spot they earn a spot, that simple, i just see it being about a year away for that.

Yann had an assist but was a -1 as the Sea Dogs lost game 1 5-1 to the Moncton Wildcats. He made some pretty good plays tonight despite the loss and how many of the others played. He stopped at least 3 shots that would have been goals

it would be amazing if both were, but it's unlikely either one will make the team out of camp next year... the following year could be very different though (also, it depends on our offseason). if they earn a spot they earn a spot, that simple, i just see it being about a year away for that.

It would be great. I can see MG drafting another de-man this spring. The more guys they develop the better on the back end.

I don't think any dman in our system right now has the complete physical/talent package that Luc possessed. Bourdon was a much better dman than Sauve in the Q at the same age. I wish he was still here as an Edler Bourdon pairing would've stabilized our blueline for the next 10 years.

Luc was developing into a top 4 D. What a shame. We all miss Luc.

Luc was developing into a top 4 D. What a shame. We all miss Luc.

Yes :(

He was projected to be so talented. He had speed, size, physicality, a shot, and pretty good awareness in both zones. Something that is rare in defense prospects.

saint john's have been eliminated...what happens with yann now?

He season is over now, the Moose and Salmon Kings are done. I would assume he will get a contract fairly soon though.

Archived