The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

The Hunger Games - 6/10

Not a very good movie at all...but I'm nowhere near their target demographic. But I totally get the hype. A teenage girl who feels that nobody notices her gets to save her sister, be the star of the ball, stay at the penthouse, become a hero to her town, and kill those mean bullies? Talk about estro-gentric fantasy!

The Hunger Games - 6/10

Not a very good movie at all...but I'm nowhere near their target demographic. But I totally get the hype. A teenage girl who feels that nobody notices her gets to save her sister, be the star of the ball, stay at the penthouse, become a hero to her town, and kill those mean bullies? Talk about estro-gentric fantasy!

I may be in the Minority, but I kind of liked Reloaded when I first saw it - more than any of the Pirates sequels, anyway. It obviously wasn't in the same stratosphere as the first one, but it had some interesting new characters and ideas. I thought it was really going somewhere...

...but oh, was I wrong. Revolutions was one of the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. I have refrained from re-watching the first two since, in case I get flashbacks of that colossal pile of crap.

Wrath was worse than Clash, imo. The story just wasn't that interesting and the titan effects didn't quite make up for it. Clash at least had the original plotline for support.

Watched Night of the Comet, which i barely remember from 1984. Maybe i barely remember it because beyond the basic premise (the comet that wiped out the dinosaurs comes back and turns the humans to red, chalk-like dust in their tracks as the earth crosses it's tail), the movie is 100% forgettable.

The survivors are flesh-eating zombies, of course, but a few 'protected from the comet by a steel shed' survivors remain: A couple 80's stereotype broads and Chicote from Star Trek Voyager.

Zombie effects are horrible and cheap. The flesh actually looks like cooked ham. And the 'scary' scenes are laughable at best. The evil scientists at the end lose their IQ due to the comet, but i think they were idiots to begin with. Easily defeated keystone cops operation.

Unlike other bad, low-budget movies of the era, this one does not even deserve cult status. Re-Animator, Bad Taste, Death Race 2000 and such at least didn't take itself seriously in any way.

This movie just looks like a serious movie attempt that got it's plug pulled. 2/10

Warrior - 7.5

Not a fan in the least of MMA, so this one didn't really interest me much. But it's constant presence in IMDB's top 250 made me give it a shot. Turned out to be a pretty good movie, and far more about family and old wounds than fighting.

However, it wasn't top-250 good. A lot of cliches at work, and I didn't find Nick Nolte's performance to be oscar-nom-worthy. But still a solid film, and worth watching...even if you couldn't care less about MMA.

Yup, Warrior was good. Hardly recognized the guy from Inception, but i guess he had to do more bulked-up roles while being in 'Bane' mode for the last Batman. His loss after destroying all other opponents easily was a little far-fetched, but it stressed the importance of submission holds. 7/10

Yup, Warrior was good. Hardly recognized the guy from Inception, but i guess he had to do more bulked-up roles while being in 'Bane' mode for the last Batman. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 7/10

The Bourne Legacy- 6.5/10

The fighting scenes were okay, but there weren't any clever tricks put into it that made it anywhere close to the originals.

Remember the reverse-pickpocket at the beginning of the Ultimatum? Remember grabbing clothing during the rooftop chase to vault over the glass? Remember calling the police with perfect timing to slow down the Black Briar agents?

This movie didn't have anything that would make you say "wow to. It was slow at the beginning and didn't have the usual consistent action that the Bourne movies usually had. Half an hour for any decent fighting to go on

Archived