Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Sergei Shirokov signs with KHL's CSKA Moscow team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

#91 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

I too watched a highlight package of Koltsov a while back and thought: This guy was our prospect at one point? So then I go to his draft year which was 2002, and guess who was drafted just after him.

Yeah I looked it up and my reaction was: "F*ck"

He was picked a few spots after right before another pick we had. Damn.

Oh well now that we hate him it's not as big of a "What if" for me like (for example) White/Perron.

We should actually try to bring him over though, could really help. From what I saw he seems kinda like Morgan Rielly in the way he skates, carries the puck and jumps into the play.

zackass.png

#92 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Good job. Keep developing players and then giving them no chance and getting nothing for them.

CoHo look out, you're probably next.

-_-

#93 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,169 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Yeah I looked it up and my reaction was: "F*ck"

He was picked a few spots after right before another pick we had. Damn.

Oh well now that we hate him it's not as big of a "What if" for me like (for example) White/Perron.

We should actually try to bring him over though, could really help. From what I saw he seems kinda like Morgan Rielly in the way he skates, carries the puck and jumps into the play.

I agree with your Morgan Rielly comparison. When I first saw him play I thought he could a Christian Ehrhoff type D man, which we could use.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#94 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

I agree with your Morgan Rielly comparison. When I first saw him play I thought he could a Christian Ehrhoff type D man, which we could use.

He is so elusive, and he accelerates so quickly he goes from gliding to top speed in 2-3 steps. Would be a very nice addition.

I hope MG can start thinking outside the box, we gave Gragnani a shot, so why not him? he would be nice playing on our PP.

zackass.png

#95 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,169 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

He is so elusive, and he accelerates so quickly he goes from gliding to top speed in 2-3 steps. Would be a very nice addition.

I hope MG can start thinking outside the box, we gave Gragnani a shot, so why not him? he would be nice playing on our PP.

The thing is I don't think we still own his rights. If we did I'm sure MG would've tried to get him to come over by now.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#96 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Yeah I don't know, I think he is a UFA now.

He was an RFA but I think he held out. But for some reason he is still on our website.

Shirokov and Koltsov are both terrible examples of asset managment, we waste good assets, both wanted to come here and play in the NHL but were dicked around and look what happened. Koltsov today could be our most skilled defensemen, he is undersize but he also hits and plays with fire.

Shirokov on the other hand has a great hands, and vision. Not elite level offense but still good enough to play at this level. He showed so much promise and played well when he was here, lead our AHL team in scoring and we let him walk for nothing.

Two dark days for our franchise. We (Historically) Seem to have issue's with prospects quite frequently.

Edit: You might get some kind of an idea of what happened with Koltsov if you look through here. http://hfboards.hock...ad.php?t=801057

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 24 December 2012 - 03:14 AM.

zackass.png

#97 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Speaking of Russian's.

It would have been nice if we would have acquired Nikita Filatov, I'm in full fledge russian dream mode now with the mention of Koltsov, Shirokov and now Filatov but imagine picking him up, Ottawa paid a 4th, imagine us picking him up, would have been a nice addition to our prospect pool.

Maybe he won't turn out but for the price they paid it is worth the risk IMO.

zackass.png

#98 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Just thought i'd bump this incredibly important thread.

#99 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,418 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Just thought i'd bump this incredibly important thread.

ikr

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#100 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

lawls
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.