The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockeys version of the Miami Heat

the_slowburner

Basketball sucks...

And why bother trying to compare one professional team from a different sport to a team from a totally different professional sport?

We've played one game so far...just try to enjoy the season CDC! Please! A team this good doesn't come along very often (this is coming from a fan of 20+ years).

There is a window right now, but I believe if MG keeps doing what he's doing we could have a good chance every year like Detroit.

my 2 cents.

I don't know who wrote that, but there is something important I really like with our team the Miami Heat don't have. The Miami Heat ''bought'' a team, Henrik, Daniel, Alexandre, Ryan, Mason, Kevin, Alexander, Cory, Jannik, Christopher and Cody are all product of our organisation and I think it's the best way to build a team.

By the way we have the proof it doesn't work in hockey buying a championship, just have to think about the 100m$ the Leafs and the Rangers spent before the lock-out.

How many of those rings did he get without Shaq or Pau?

Remember how awesome Kobe was without Shaq before they got Pau? He was so awesome he was gettin his butt kicked by Steve Nash and the Suns.

Kobe is an awesome player, but the best hands down??? No way. He needs to be babied and has to have another superstar with him on the court at all times to be effective. Guys like Dirk and Nash make their teammates better. Kobe has never been able to do that.

I'd take Dirk over Kobe right now.

• 8 months later...

Just read an article at askmen.com about how real men watch hockey. It's an article aimed at Americans who won't have nothing to do now that the NBA will miss the season and how people should switch over to the NHL

The article goes on about why people would enjoy hockey in the NBAs absence and how there's an NHL version of every NBA team. They call the Canucks the NHL version of the heat, saying," They're easy to hate but could easily win a championship"

This got me thinking. Who's our version of the big 3 ?

Who's our Lebron James - That guy with all the talent in the world and the ability to dominate a game when he wants but has a tendency to falter on the biggest stage?

Who's our Dwayne Wade - That smug, cocky bastard who also choked in the biggest games last year but yet seems to escape the media and fan scrutiny because people are too busy picking on Lebron ?

Who's our Chris Bosh - The guy people seem to forget about and not give any props to even though he plays the biggest of the big 3 when the games matter the most ?

I'm going with:

Lebron - Luongo

Wade - The twins

Bosh - Hansen.

What u guys think ?

Archived