204 replies to this topic

#91 By-Tor

By-Tor

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

YEAH!!! WHAT YOU SAID!!! I remember when Rinne totaly shyt the bed in the games in vancouver and almost let in a total of 20 goals in 3 games!!! ..... Wait Rinne never shyt the bed that bad in the SCF.... wow so he is not like lui at all. Rinne didnt almost lose to the blackhawks for 3 STRAIGHT YEARS. Rinne didnt almost lose to USA in the gold medal game. Rinne isnt a choke artist. He played very well in our series against him I have nothing but respect for him. Lui shyt the bed in Boston so bad that they had 0 respect for us and then they took it to us.

You can depend on lui to do one thing. And thats choke. Stop waving the pom poms you look ridiculous.

And to whomever does not like it.. suck eggs. See you after we lose another heartbreaker this year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1% of Vancouver fans make up 99% of Luongo's support.

I am part of the 1%.

#92 JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

Brown Burrows wins the award for most edited posts in a single thread. Very entertaining stuff.
Posted Image

#93 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

Posted Image

the nashville message board is 2000 miles east, might want to go there with your complaints... this is a vancouver message board

#94 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:01 AM

Great post, I laughed. Wow, some people are retarded.

Edited by CookieCrumbs, 21 October 2011 - 12:01 AM.

#95 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

YEAH!!! WHAT YOU SAID!!! I remember when Rinne totaly shyt the bed in the games in vancouver and almost let in a total of 20 goals in 3 games!!! ..... Wait Rinne never shyt the bed that bad in the SCF.... wow so he is not like lui at all. Rinne didnt almost lose to the blackhawks for 3 STRAIGHT YEARS. Rinne didnt almost lose to USA in the gold medal game. Rinne isnt a choke artist. He played very well in our series against him I have nothing but respect for him. Lui shyt the bed in Boston so bad that they had 0 respect for us and then they took it to us.

You can depend on lui to do one thing. And thats choke. Stop waving the pom poms you look ridiculous.

And to whomever does not like it.. suck eggs. See you after we lose another heartbreaker this year.

The fact that you use Luongo ALMOST losing to USA, and ALMOST losing to the Blackhawks again is like me saying Tim Thomas almost lost the cup to us, and Tim Thomas almost got beat by 3 different teams in the playoffs. Where is the logic in that?? And if you don't like it then suck eggs. Or in your case negs ( negatives, because you're probly going to get a few )

Edited by A.Edler_23, 21 October 2011 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image

#96 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

** double post **

Edited by A.Edler_23, 21 October 2011 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

#97 I am Score

I am Score

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:10 AM

At least its not another Luongo bashing thread!

#98 georgeparrosesmustache

georgeparrosesmustache

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:10 AM

Wow.. you clearly didn't watch Round 2.

He was basically the reason the Preds were still in it, without him we would've maybe swept them. And it's funny to see when people aren't complaining about Luongo, they can complain about how a goalie of an opposing team needs to go.. Vancouver is a goalie graveyard.

EDIT: hahahahahahahahah, my sarcasm detector is low.

This is awesome lol

Posted Image

Pleasejustwin.

#99 Ocular Patdown

Ocular Patdown

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:33 AM

I love how your whole argument is how Luongo ALMOST lost..

Almost lost the gold medal, Almost lost to the blackhawks this past year. You fail to mention that he won. Luongo didn't almost lose the gold medal. He played rather well when he was called upon and made a game saving stop on Pavelski in overtime. Same can be said vs Chicago game 7 on Sharp.

I wouldn't doubt the fact that you've never played any form of hockey in your life. Because if you did, you'd see the defensive breakdowns that lead to goals, and not the goals themselves. Luongo can't stop everything. Stop being so ignorant.

Grant Fuhr is a legend.. but watching him play would make fans cringe. He didn't stop every shot, he just stopped one less than the opposing goalie. And that's all that matters.

Speaking of looking ridiculous, why don't you grab some pom poms for a team you actually support. You know.. what fans actually do. Support their team.

Edited by Ocular Patdown, 21 October 2011 - 12:34 AM.

#100 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

At first I was thinking to myself what an idiot. Then I felt like an idiot for only realizing at the end the point being made.
I tip my hat to you my good sir, well done. The best satire is the kind that is could almost pass as serious argument.

61c1f524-b05e-4da1-b54d-e7ac1d87c904.jpg

#101 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

Wrong, he makes 2 mill more then Luongo.

really? according to capgeek his cap hit is 3.4 million

http://capgeek.com/p...lay.php?id=1063
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#102 Schneider's Teeth

Schneider's Teeth

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

Oh my god, so many people here are so stupid. It's almost insane. I forget, sometimes, then I am reminded by THREE QUARTERS OF THE REPLIES HERE.

AHHH
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
OVERSIZED SIGNATURE OVERSIZED SIGNATURE

#103 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

I don't know whether I love this thread for the OP or for the majority of the off-base replies. :lol:
Posted Image

#104 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

I always knew there were a lot of stupid posters here but that knowledge is no consolation whatsoeverPosted Image.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#105 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

This reminds me why if I was a goalie, it'd be nice to lose in Nashville, shrug it off and go get drunk at the local saloon.

But we don't have many of those out at The Rog/

Is Pekka Rinne crying?

#106 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:25 AM

Replace Rinne with Lu and Lindberg with Schneids and then you'll get the joke...

when you have to explain it, its lost its point

to the op, i salute you sir, very good +1
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#107 S.Mouse!

S.Mouse!

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:16 AM

Kudos youngdad!

That was a quality troll-job. You made your point effectively and humorously, and the dimwitted masses lined up to take the bait. Love It!!!
Posted Image

#108 Vancity_77

Vancity_77

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

[quote name='youngdad' timestamp='1319172479' post='10091285']
Pekka Rinne is washed up. He just isn't the same goalie anymore. This goes back to last season's exit from the playoffs. One man basically owned him (Ryan Kesler). He is supposed to be an elite goalie but he couldn't even beat lousy Luongo in a 7 game series. He could not even help his team past the Canucks when the Preds had the Sedins completely shut down. He's a flopper. He has poor positioning. He is slow. His glove hand is weak, his blocker is weaker, and everyone can see into next Tuesday through his 5-hole.

Now this? .750 on 16 shots? Clearly he is terrible. Lindback is ready. We need to trade Pekka Rinne for a 2nd rate player while he has any value.

Pekka Rinne is garbage and the Predators should give up on him. They will never win a cup with him. He is not a playoff performer. He is mentally weak. He crumbles under pressure.

Next time I go to a game that Pekka Rinne gets scored on (even if they are good goals) I will boo him mercilessly. He deserves it and it will make his job harder. Which is what I want to do. I HATE him and I want him to do poorly so that I will feel better about myself and my accurate judgements of his poor play.
[/quote

sigh.......

your lousy
We are our own worst enemy!

#109 Vancity_77

Vancity_77

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

[quote name='youngdad' timestamp='1319172479' post='10091285']
Pekka Rinne is washed up. He just isn't the same goalie anymore. This goes back to last season's exit from the playoffs. One man basically owned him (Ryan Kesler). He is supposed to be an elite goalie but he couldn't even beat lousy Luongo in a 7 game series. He could not even help his team past the Canucks when the Preds had the Sedins completely shut down. He's a flopper. He has poor positioning. He is slow. His glove hand is weak, his blocker is weaker, and everyone can see into next Tuesday through his 5-hole.

Now this? .750 on 16 shots? Clearly he is terrible. Lindback is ready. We need to trade Pekka Rinne for a 2nd rate player while he has any value.

Pekka Rinne is garbage and the Predators should give up on him. They will never win a cup with him. He is not a playoff performer. He is mentally weak. He crumbles under pressure.

Next time I go to a game that Pekka Rinne gets scored on (even if they are good goals) I will boo him mercilessly. He deserves it and it will make his job harder. Which is what I want to do. I HATE him and I want him to do poorly so that I will feel better about myself and my accurate judgements of his poor play.
[/quote

sigh.......

your lousy
We are our own worst enemy!

#110 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,752 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:45 AM

Whoever didn't see the obvious sarcasm in this...I don't know what to say.

Posted Image
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

#111 JMoney95

JMoney95

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:52 AM

Once again CDC proves how full of retards it is.

Good job OP, was thinking the same thing!

#112 Mighty Chin

Mighty Chin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

I hate Rinne Apologists.
No advertising please.

#113 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:53 AM

I don't like it but that's just because you're wrong. If you don't like it...be more right next time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#114 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

haha 3/4 of the posters in this thread fail big time, probably have a lot of fun with them at a party tho. lol

#115 Captain Can

Captain Can

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

IBTL This is Canucks talk. Not Nashville talk.
I get the sarcasm, but still, wrong team.

If you got the sarcasm then you'd understand this is more about the Canucks the Preds. I mean really, if this was posted in the Preds forum, no one would get it and they'd just think you were insane.

#116 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

How is it that 50% of the comments are taking this seriously?

This is obviously a jab at the people that have been saying the same things about Luongo.

I thought this was hilarious.

Great post OP.

Posted Image

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#117 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

Nice work, OP.

My wife looked at me latnight at first intermission and said "wow im glad Lou isnt having his game, hed get shot in the face for it."
Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#118 big yizz

big yizz

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

Didn't Rinne was a synonym for Luongo.

#119 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

I should have read this more closely :-)

Edited by Bodee, 21 October 2011 - 08:49 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#120 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:48 AM

This thread is so f'king awesome

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.