The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

I respect Jannik Hansen in that he's a hard working player. His passion is usually pretty evident, and he has wheels.

But I get so frustrated seeing his offensive inabilities... those hands of stone, which neutralizes an otherwise potentially exciting third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his fans and followers because he has a low cap hit and high work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a plugger, and on most mediocre teams he fits the bill, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd omit from the lineup before Hodgson or anyone else.

You might suggest that Hansen provides that hard forchecking or sandpaper edge the Canucks lack, but he's not a true 'Raffi Torres' type, and we have a whole fourth line dedicated to the bumping and bruising. A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

Sh*t, I just realized I forgot to neg you a few days ago.

Fixed that little doozie. I feel much better now :P

I appreciate the puck bunny Hansen fans out there, but let's be honest, Hansen doesn't have the offensive skills to be a legitimate first liner. It's disappointing that there isn't enough chemistry going on that AV can get away with putting Hansen there.

He has 4 goals in 17 games - yes, a powerhouse. His point percentage is 41% this season, up from his NHL point percentage average of 35%. Much of that has to do with the fact he's been placed with the Sedins the past few games, benefiting from the extra points.

Keep the minuses coming. It separates me from the puck bunnies with the rose-coloured glasses.

I appreciate the puck bunny Hansen fans out there, but let's be honest, Hansen doesn't have the offensive skills to be a legitimate first liner. It's disappointing that there isn't enough chemistry going on that AV can get away with putting Hansen there.

He has 4 goals in 17 games - yes, a powerhouse. His point percentage is 41% this season, up from his NHL point percentage average of 35%. Much of that has to do with the fact he's been placed with the Sedins the past few games, benefiting from the extra points.

Keep the minuses coming. It separates me from the puck bunnies with the rose-coloured glasses.

mzl.pjoczrjl.320x480-75.jpg

You are of topic.

Ps. The twins only have 2 even strenght goals each i 17 games, Hand'sen have 4. Let's waiv the twin's. Statistic is a bitch.

127509623210.png

How the hell did you conclude that everyone that disagreed with you about Hansen are puck bunnies? LOLOLOL :lol:

puck bunnys?

buddy you jumped the gun and a players doing far better then you expected

this is exactly why you dont make threads like this so early into the season

have fun arguing for like 100 pages

I don't think anyone expects him to be a first liner... You see an NHL team has 4 forward lines, and if a player has the ability to contribute on one of these 4 lines they can stick on a team. Hansen is a great 3rd liner, and has the potential to be a serviceable 2nd liner when he needs to be. Yes you are certainly separated from the puck bunnies with the rose-coloured glasses because while you both may be idiots, at least they support the team. That is all.

I respect Jannik Hansen in that he's a hard working player. His passion is usually pretty evident, and he has wheels.

But I get so frustrated seeing his offensive inabilities... those hands of stone, which neutralizes an otherwise potentially exciting third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his fans and followers because he has a low cap hit and high work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a plugger, and on most mediocre teams he fits the bill, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd omit from the lineup before Hodgson or anyone else.

You might suggest that Hansen provides that hard forchecking or sandpaper edge the Canucks lack, but he's not a true 'Raffi Torres' type, and we have a whole fourth line dedicated to the bumping and bruising. A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

I think you should get a job with the Bruins.

No one is saying Hansen is a 1st liner, and its not about rose-coloured glasses. Its almost the same situation as Burrows. Burrows has shown he can play hockey quite well without the Sedins 5-on-5 but no one is suggesting he is a 1st liner on most teams.

1st lines usually consist of 2 1st line players and a 2nd liner, while the second line usually is 2 2nd liners and a 1st line player.

Look around the league and see for yourself. Detroit had Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi last year as their first line and Bert is a 2nd liner now. Their second line was Filpula-Zetteberg-Cleary which Zett is a 1st liner and the other 2 are 2nd liners.

No one is saying Hansen is a 1st liner, and its not about rose-coloured glasses. Its almost the same situation as Burrows. Burrows has shown he can play hockey quite well without the Sedins 5-on-5 but no one is suggesting he is a 1st liner on most teams.

1st lines usually consist of 2 1st line players and a 2nd liner, while the second line usually is 2 2nd liners and a 1st line player.

Look around the league and see for yourself. Detroit had Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi last year as their first line and Bert is a 2nd liner now. Their second line was Filpula-Zetteberg-Cleary which Zett is a 1st liner and the other 2 are 2nd liners.

OP wasnt just saying hansen isnt a 1st liner , he was saying they should dress volpatti over him

Archived