babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

Another goal for Hansen!
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#62 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Well, where are all the Hansen lovers now? A couple of more games on the top line, no points. Fumbling the puck, falling all over the place. So frustrating to watch Mr. hands-of-stone.

If I was Burrows, or countless other Canucks forwards, I'd be pissed off that a minus player like Hansen got top-line minutes.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#63 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

Hansen lover, right here. Dude had one bad game. He's still the only one scoring 5-on-5 for us these days.

Meanwhile, Burr can hopefully get Kes going.

I like it the way it is right now.

#64 Valhal

Valhal

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

@Slegr

QQ more. Here idiot, have some milk and a cookie and enjoy it, before going back to pre-school.

#65 zamboni

zamboni

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:58 AM

Well, where are all the Hansen lovers now? A couple of more games on the top line, no points. Fumbling the puck, falling all over the place. So frustrating to watch Mr. hands-of-stone.

If I was Burrows, or countless other Canucks forwards, I'd be pissed off that a minus player like Hansen got top-line minutes.

I am truely sorry, that this happend to you, but why do you take it out on Hansen ?

Posted Image

#66 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

Mr. hands-of-stone and his 3 game goal scoring streak say hi.

Edit: another terrible goal.

Edited by babych, 06 December 2011 - 09:58 PM.

(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#67 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

I love how this thread only re-emerges in games he plays well in. But to his credit, he's playing well of late, and showing some imagination with the offense. Believe it or not, being a Canucks fan, I actually am liking that he's doing well and proving me wrong. Let's hope he keeps it up, especially with Booth looking like he won't return too soon.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#68 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

Slegr is Clutch 2.0
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#69 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'm getting minuses for Hansen compliments. Oh boy. No wonder other fans can't stand us.

Edited by Slegr, 06 December 2011 - 11:15 PM.

-Jiri Slegr

#70 asdfman

asdfman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

POPULAR

This thread is the successor to the Burrows thread
Posted Image

#71 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

Slegr my friend. You will be the next coming of the infamous Clutch.

#72 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

Clutch, you misspelt the thread title, if should have been spelt "Hanson..... Do we really need him?"

Edited by gumballthechewy, 06 December 2011 - 11:36 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#73 Taelin

Taelin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

I'm praying this becomes the second coming of the Burrows thread :emot-parrot:

25 goal season please, Hansen! THEN HE BEASTS IT UP IN THE PLAYOFFS :towel:

#74 Canucks_Wrister73

Canucks_Wrister73

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

Dude you tried to call out Hansen and instead CDC is owning you for it just like the old Burrows thread, lol. Let's see how many minuses you get while Hansen is having his break out year.

#75 4thlineplug

4thlineplug

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

to be fair to slegr, there were tons of people slamming hansen at the start of the season. most of these people negging you are hypocrites
Sig too big.

#76 Vigneault's Stache

Vigneault's Stache

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

This thread is the successor to the Burrows thread

ive already stated this on the 3rd page

why do people Want to be clutch?
Posted Image

#77 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

is this gonna be the next "Burrows, do we really want him?" thread?

edit: i don't read every page :D

Edited by WindChaser, 06 December 2011 - 11:45 PM.

#78 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

I'm getting minuses for Hansen compliments. Oh boy. No wonder other fans can't stand us.

Yup, and you're a big reason why. 9 goals not good enough for you? He will score 20 goals this year. Go QQ.

Edited by Roger Federer, 06 December 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#79 joecanada777

joecanada777

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

I love how this thread only re-emerges in games he plays well in. But to his credit, he's playing well of late, and showing some imagination with the offense. Believe it or not, being a Canucks fan, I actually am liking that he's doing well and proving me wrong. Let's hope he keeps it up, especially with Booth looking like he won't return too soon.

How redundant to state that the thread only reappears,when he is on. What about when hes on? Ppl should not notice? He is the only player who doesnt score every game ? Mon nite football says CMON MAN

Edited by joecanada777, 06 December 2011 - 11:53 PM.

QUOTE(queen_canuck_fan)
cuz when I saw you outside in the bushes, by length I would have guessed 11...

QUOTE(Whiskey7 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is done in almost every sport, in every league, for a great player who has an "oooooo" sound in his name. I'm always a bit surprised when people don't pick up on it, and announcers on TV have to clarify for those at home.

#80 Vanderbolt

Vanderbolt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:23 AM

to be fair to slegr, there were tons of people slamming hansen at the start of the season. most of these people negging you are hypocrites

Not a tons of people - the same 10 people, as usual, plus a few

#81 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:39 AM

Jannik Hands En

So Hot Right Now

#82 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

I respect Jannik Hansen in that he's a hard working player. His passion is usually pretty evident, and he has wheels.

But I get so frustrated seeing his offensive inabilities... those hands of stone, which neutralizes an otherwise potentially exciting third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his fans and followers because he has a low cap hit and high work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a plugger, and on most mediocre teams he fits the bill, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd omit from the lineup before Hodgson or anyone else.

You might suggest that Hansen provides that hard forchecking or sandpaper edge the Canucks lack, but he's not a true 'Raffi Torres' type, and we have a whole fourth line dedicated to the bumping and bruising. A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

Malhotra is exciting? Last season he had 30 points to Hansens 29 points. And Malhotra centered the 2nd PP unit most of the year. Yet you find Hansens offensive inability frustrating? Posts like yours are a real head scratcher for me. I really wonder what some people are watching during the games.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#83 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

Slegr is Clutch 2.0

Dude.... i didn't know if it could legitimately be done... but I think it's true... Clutch 2.0 thread in da house!
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#84 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

Dude you tried to call out Hansen and instead CDC is owning you for it just like the old Burrows thread, lol. Let's see how many minuses you get while Hansen is having his break out year.

"Dude", as mentioned, I'm happy to see Hansen having an improved season, and hope he continued to play better. But to all of those suggesting Hansen and Burrows are in the same league, let's not get carried away. Yes, they have a similar amount of points this year, but Hansen is nowhere the player Burrows is.

And as nice as it is that Hansen has scored nine goals this season, he hasn't been stellar in his own end. The game before his HUGE two goal performance, he was directly responsible for two opposition goals. He's one of only a handful of minus players on the team. And I still think he has hands of stone, despite the nine goals. Luckily, he generates enough chances through his tenacious forechecking and speed.

I hope he continues to hold his own, but let's keep it real.
-Jiri Slegr

#85 Tvinz

Tvinz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

Vanfans douching in the direction of their own teams players? Not uncommon.That being said-- the OP has been owned by reality and stats.
Posted Image

#86 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

"Dude", as mentioned, I'm happy to see Hansen having an improved season, and hope he continued to play better. But to all of those suggesting Hansen and Burrows are in the same league, let's not get carried away. Yes, they have a similar amount of points this year, but Hansen is nowhere the player Burrows is.

And as nice as it is that Hansen has scored nine goals this season, he hasn't been stellar in his own end. The game before his HUGE two goal performance, he was directly responsible for two opposition goals. He's one of only a handful of minus players on the team. And I still think he has hands of stone, despite the nine goals. Luckily, he generates enough chances through his tenacious forechecking and speed.

lol just admit it

#87 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:06 AM

Look at me! I'm turning into a minus player... like Jannik Hansen!

I get the impression you're not a big Hansen fan...

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#88 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:08 AM

I think it has something to do with your track record within this thread leading up to your complimentary commentary.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#89 Vanderbolt

Vanderbolt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

. He's one of only a handful of minus players on the team.

I fact the +/- stats are wrong for Hansen - he should have a +1 game against SJS. He was not on the ice on Murrays 1-1 goal - it was #32 Weise instead. But who cares.

#90 Peter EE

Peter EE

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:41 AM

Even if Burrows should be considered better than Hansen (despite the points-stats), Hansen is actually 5 years younger. Now how would you compare Hansen to the player Burrows was (seen as) 5 years ago ?

IMO it seems Burr has come a long way in those five years, so Hansen might also. Also His "stone hands" is not due to lack of talent, but due to lack of confidence from himself and AV. . That has been partially repaired in the latest month or two, with the result of 10 (8+2) points in the last 12 games. Also his his Even Strength point stats are the best of the Canucks (in some case best after the Sedins). And previously (AHL + pre-NorthAmerica) he was quite the scorer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.