Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanucksLegacy

[Rumour] Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan

132 posts in this topic

Heard them talking on 1040 that the Maple Laffs appear to be in the hunt...

the ducks need a goalie and canucks could use a top 6 forward. schneider for ryan!

I would think the most likely destination for Bobby would be a struggling team like Carolina. But what would Carolina have to give up?

I would put Ryan on the 1st line with the Sedins so our top 6 would be

Sedin-Sedin-Ryan

Higgins/Booth-Kesler-Burrows

realistically Nashville would be a great trading partner, if they got ryan they would have one great goal one great defencmen and one great forwards assuming it would take a Sutter type player to get Ryan.

Keith & Letang are not heavy hitters in terms of playing the body. Smooth skaters, yes. Heavy checkers, no.

They do have the pieces for it. Schenn + Grabovski for Ryan probably works for both teams.

Grabs is on the 3rd line now (production about the same as Ryan right now) and TO has an extra RD sitting there in Franson who could presumably take Luke's roster spot. Anaheim gets a young defensive-defenseman to build around, and possibly flank Fowler for years to come.

Also, with Anaheim likely losing Selanne, Blake, and Koivu at the end of the year, they will have the money to give Grabovski a raise if he works out well with them.

Hodgson, Raymond, Sauve, 1st for Ryan and a 4th?

i dunno, just thinking out loud.

Bob McKenzie on TSN 1050 said that Anaheim would be looking for a #2 center, Top 4 defenseman, and a 1st/prospect for Bobby Ryan.

Bobby Ryan doesn't want to be moved but tells OCR that he "wouldn't be surprised" if he were traded by the Ducks. bit.ly/tg2H9i

Bobby Ryan doesn't want to be moved but tells OCR that he "wouldn't be surprised" if he were traded by the Ducks.

— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh)

Bob McKenzie on TSN 1050 said that Anaheim would be looking for a #2 center, Top 4 defenseman, and a 1st/prospect for Bobby Ryan.

<br /><b><font size="5">Bob  McKenzie on TSN 1050 said that Anaheim would be looking for a #2  center, Top 4 defenseman, and a 1st/prospect for Bobby Ryan.</font></b><br /><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Hodgson+ Ballard + Tanev for Ryan? Hodgson is proving that he can be a 2nd line center in the NHL, Ballard is top 4, and Tanev is a good young prospect. Plus Ballard and Tanev play well together.

Hodgson would definitely need to be a part of it... Out only #2 C (kesler is a #1 C playing on the second line). Assuming Bieksa won't wave his NTC it would have to be ballard. I think it is arguable that Tanev is worth a first rounder straight up.

Hodgson, Ballard, Sauve/Rodin depending if they want a forward or D prospect, 2nd round pick.

If he's available, MG should be all over this. A Powerforward and a game breaker on our 2nd line with Kesler *drools*

Raymond+Ballard+Tanev+1st Would that seal the deal? Or do we have to add in Shroeder??

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Ryan

Higgins - Hodgson - Hansen

Malhotra - Lappiere - Weise

Edler - Hamhuis

Salo - Bieksa

Alberts - Rome

Our bottom pairing and depth on D will take a little hit, but we would be lighting teams up with that top 9.

#2 center (hodgson)

Top 4 defenseman (ballard)

1st/prospect (our first rounder + schroeder)

But really we have no chance at getting ryan... Unless we trade one of our core guys, but I wouldn't do it, we need defense before offense.