Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
131 replies to this topic

#121 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

HUGE overpayment
Ryan's numbers were inflated due to playing top line minutes with Perry and Getzlaf. He also got to play with Selanne at times.

Edler is more like a top 2 defenseman and Ryan is more like a high end 2nd liner
wouldn't do this

Obviously you wouldn't. I wouldn't either. But I'm saying if one wanted Bobby Ryan, you have to give to get.

Do you think Anaheim would be interested in the scrubs people have been offering for a former 2nd overall player right behind Crosby?

Posted Image

#122 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

Obviously you wouldn't. I wouldn't either. But I'm saying if one wanted Bobby Ryan, you have to give to get.

Do you think Anaheim would be interested in the scrubs people have been offering for a former 2nd overall player right behind Crosby?

draft position stops mattering 6 years after the draft and you have an actual body of work to base analysis on. look, for example, what it took to pry nathan horton (3rd overall 2003) out of florida:

to bos: nathan horton, gregory campbell
to fla: dennis wideman, 2010 1st (15th overall), 2011 3rd

at the time, horton was coming off 5 straight 20 goal seasons (including 27, 28 and 31), with point totals of 47 (rookie year, 71 games), 62, 62, 45 (67 games), 57 (in 65 games).

horton is also a big, power forward. he was also a couple years into a very fair 6 year, $24 million contract.

people here are really overrating bobby ryan.

edit: maybe overvaluing is a better word

Edited by tas, 30 November 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#123 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

HUGE overpayment
Ryan's numbers were inflated due to playing top line minutes with Perry and Getzlaf. He also got to play with Selanne at times.

Edler is more like a top 2 defenseman and Ryan is more like a high end 2nd liner
wouldn't do this

Exactly. Even Anson Carter can put up 33 goals when playing with the Sedins. Ryan is a great player. But I don't think we should go crazy overpayment to get him. Specially when Ryan is in a slump right now.

Another thing is that Ryan will be a super hot commodity. So to get him we have to win the "auction". And so we have to be very careful.

And considering what MG paid for Booth, I highly doubt he would agree to pay that much more for Ryan. Remember that Booth had no one to play with back in Florida, but he still put up good point totals. So one can argue that Booth's numbers are "more reliable" than Ryan's.

We should also consider the probability that Parise might also be on the block soon. Parise is a better scorer, while Ryan is a better hitter.

Edited by CHIPS, 30 November 2011 - 09:05 PM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#124 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

draft position stops mattering 6 years after the draft and you have an actual body of work to base analysis on. look, for example, what it took to pry nathan horton (3rd overall 2003) out of florida:

to bos: nathan horton, gregory campbell
to fla: dennis wideman, 2010 1st (15th overall), 2011 3rd

at the time, horton was coming off 5 straight 20 goal seasons (including 27, 28 and 31), with point totals of 47 (rookie year, 71 games), 62, 62, 45 (67 games), 57 (in 65 games).

horton is also a big, power forward. he was also a couple years into a very fair 6 year, $24 million contract.

people here are really overrating bobby ryan.

edit: maybe overvaluing is a better word

Anytime you have a 3 time 30 goal scorer at the age of 24, and especially the way he plays the game, it's pretty safe to say that he's a pretty good player.

I mean, the Nucks don't have to overpay for him. Ducks will simply look elsewhere. I'm sure some other team will be looking to overpay. I'm simply saying the Ducks wouldn't do the trade.

Edited by BunBun, 30 November 2011 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

#125 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Anytime you have a 3 time 30 goal scorer at the age of 24, and especially the way he plays the game, it's pretty safe to say that he's a pretty good player.

I mean, the Nucks don't have to overpay for him. Ducks will simply look elsewhere. I'm sure some other team will be looking to overpay. I'm simply saying the Ducks wouldn't do the trade.

and i'm just saying fans are overvaluing bobby ryan and if he's traded it'll likely be for a lot less than they expected.

#126 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

I haven't seen Perry and Getzlaf make anyone from a 10 goal scorer into a 35 goal scorer so imagine what Ryan could do with the Sedins

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#127 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,792 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

Kaberle was a healthy scratch on a terrible Carolina team and you want his $4M caphit on the Nucks. Thank god MG is our GM.
Ryan would be a dream with the Sedins

Kaberle > Ballard, plain and simple.

Booth was a healthy scratch too. Guys get sent wake-up calls all the time. Also, Kaberle has been in trade rumours, so a scratch might indicate a trade was/is pending.

I find it kind of funny that people claim Kaberle "was invisible" for the Bruins, when he was tied for the team lead in points from defensemen. He had the same number of points as our coveted Edler/Ehrhoff/Bieksa trio, with a better +/- than any of them (+21 better than Ehrhoff).

The reason I mentioned Booth is that the dollars will work, and it's still likely that Booth's contract will always be a bad one (it is just getting slightly less bad as he starts scoring more). And if we actually landed Ryan, Booth becomes somewhat redundant, especially if Raymond comes back well.
Posted Image

#128 iCanucksLover

iCanucksLover

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Bobby Ryan is still being shopped.

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisBottaNHL/status/142294288645103616

"Despite coaching change, Ducks still considering offers for Bobby Ryan, others. They know they're not contenders as is."

Edited by iCanucksLover, 01 December 2011 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks allons-y!

#129 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#130 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'd take Ryan over Nash. I just don't think MG has the pieces it would take to get Ryan. Other teams will offer much more than we can.

I hope MG goes hard after Suter. Offer him $8 mill per year. Lets see if he bites. I wouldn't be surprised to see Suter get more than $8 mill per year. He might be the highest cap hit in the league going into next season.

#131 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I really hope we aren't giving Suter $8M a year ever.
Posted Image

#132 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

I really hope we aren't giving Suter $8M a year ever.

Yeah, $7M MAX. Otherwise just foret about him.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.