The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is AV not trying the obvious? Henrik with Bitz

ynot-llat

:rolleyes: Hey did you see Bitz with Hank & Danny for a great shift ? :bigblush:

Haha; damn that worked out well. Gotta say I did not see it coming; but I've been posting for weeks to try one of our big forwards with the Twins. I just did not expect it to be Bitz. But batta bing > Hank to Bitz Great shot, Goal and Great Pass Bitz to Sedin!

Two goals 23 seconds apart!

I still completely agree with the original post. This win had nothing to do with those crappy lines AV put out there. I wanted to punch something with Bitz and Raymond playing beside Henrik.

1 goal came on the pp and the other 2 came in the very short time in the first when the twins actually played together. Bitz was only on that line because of the pk that just happened. Those starting lines were absolutely terrible.

If I remember correctly, the twins did play together in the 3rd period. Now look at the shots for the 3 periods:

1st: 16-11 Nashville

2nd: 12-6 Nashville

Outshot 28-17 with those lines.

Twins reunited:

3rd: 12-9 Vancouver.

It frustrated me hearing the commentators saying how the new lines worked out so great when the new line combinations (other than the pp I guess) accounted for 0 goals.

I guess this team always had its power forward all along! I used to be opposed to Bitz even being on this team, didn't really see him as more than a plug-- but lo and behold MG finds another gem. Maybe it's a limited sample but his release and use of his size bode well for him to get more minutes with the Twins-- his size lets him fend off defenders well and he has enough skill to play somewhat of a passing game similar to the Twins'; who woulda thunk that he would have done so well? In the long run maybe it's necessary to have a longer look b4 deeming him a savior, but his sniping one on Rinne, work in the corners, passing and toughness should make him a good complementary piece to that line.

Who cares about a regular season win against Colorado an, 11th place team.

This sh*it wouldn't cut it, even in the 1st round of the post season.

I swear to god if Bitz is on the first line tonight, i will not stop on spreading my hate for AV's retarded decisons

All I can say is "Wow"!

It's not very often that the team makes a new thread look stupid within a few minutes like that. That has to be some kind of record for making a blowhard eat his words.

Well done Byron "Ballroom" Bitz!

(Stick to basketball, Tall-Tony)

Archived