The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian Talk

Bilbro Baggins

Wow overreacting much? And I have no idea what you just said because none of it really makes any sense... Respond back in coherent sentences and if I was wrong or being offensive then I'll admit it. No big deal. But there's no need for you to respond back with private messages which are also just as incoherent as your replies on this thread.

Not sure if trying to be an e-thug or genuinely offended ... Though I don't see why you would be ... I was just pointing out that Lucic has had hardships too and it wasn't a life of leisure.

Two fights (to go along with the two goals) in two games with Abbotsford, and that huge hit a coupe of games prior, followed by him tackling and punching the guy who tried to retaliate doesn't give you an indication of a mean-streak?

If this isn't an indication of a mean streak.. i don't think there will ever be one.

Just found a pretty good article on Kassian. Just wanted to share with those whom haven't seen it..

http://www.vancouver...-lockout-winner

I happen to agree that he should spend the season with the AHL club. Maybe call him up for a handful of games.

Thoughts?

Yep, I've been saying for awhile that it would be good for Kass to spend an entire season in the AHL. It did wonders for many players last lockout. I gave Spezza as an example.

Bring him up towards the end of the season if there is one.

And man, if he has a Hartnell career, that works for me. He looks like he has much better hands and offensive instincts than Hartnell though.

This.

I think Hartnell is the perfect comparison for what we should be shooting for with Kassian.

Tough hard nosed play, with good production and all the intangibles (and hopefully the good playoff ability like Hartnell too)

Just found a pretty good article on Kassian. Just wanted to share with those whom haven't seen it..

http://www.vancouver...-lockout-winner

I happen to agree that he should spend the season with the AHL club. Maybe call him up for a handful of games.

Thoughts?

Good find! Didn't realize that the last lockout had that big of an impact on several current players (Kes, Burr, Juice); Zack right now sounds like a copy of Kes back then, maybe even more advanced than Ryan was in '04

The 2004-05 lockout was a boon for the Canucks, hyper-driving the development of a second wave of young players who would grow to become future franchise cornerstones, eventually taking the reigns from a slowly decline regime. Kesler emerged from that lockout season in the AHL fully formed.

Sounds promising to me.

Maybe it is just me, but at 0:27 it looks like Sestito says "he got me"

Excellent observation.

I looked at it over and over many times. I think he said "he got me" or "he caught me". I think he might have said he "caught" me because Kass did catch Sestito with a good shot sending him to the ice.

Archived