The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

SCHULTZ update: Before starting talks with teams, he had eye set on joining #Canucks. Sources say he is now STRONGLY leaning towards #Oilers

This twitter isn't super reliable.. but I'm getting really nervous about the Schultz sweepstakes now. It makes me wonder what AV and Co. said to Schultz when they met him (which I believe they did?).. We should just give the kid whatever he wants, he's going to be a gem.

SCHULTZ update: Before starting talks with teams, he had eye set on joining #Canucks. Sources say he is now STRONGLY leaning towards #Oilers

This twitter isn't super reliable.. but I'm getting really nervous about the Schultz sweepstakes now. It makes me wonder what AV and Co. said to Schultz when they met him (which I believe they did?).. We should just give the kid whatever he wants, he's going to be a gem.

Gretzky doesn't actually play for the Oilers just so everyone knows.

Lowe obviously called a couple favors in. They'll sell them the idea that having such a talented team with a chance to be a dynasty is awesome.

Problem is, in today's NHL the chances of a dysnasty are pretty unlikely. Just look at the Penguins. They've got the next Lemieux and Jagr and they`re nowhere near guaranteed to win another cup.

This is nowhere near a reliable source.

He`s just speculating on what we`re all worrying about right now.

Talk about pressure though. By getting Coffee to call him, they`re basically insinuating that he can be their Paul Coffee. Talk about high expectations...

THe fact he and his agent woul take calls from these guys when they have been so guarded about who they will and won't talk to perhaps speaks to their character.

Personally, I'm getting a little sick of the hype aroudn a guy who is holding the hockey world for ransom without ever having played a game in the league.

I know he has "potential" but ths drama is getting really old. It's like a bloody soap opera now. What's next, Darryl Sittler and Paul Henderson going to call him and pitch the Leafs?

Archived