The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Off-Topic Members Disgust Me

My 2¢

People are born gay, so discriminating against them is awful, because they can't change.

People are often born in the wrong gender's body. That's been proven. Discriminating against them is awful because everyone has a right to feel comfortable with themselves.

People are born black, they can't change it, no discrimination.

Religion is a choice. Now I don't think that people should be discriminated or targeted because of their religious beliefs, but they should be open minded about hearing the other side. So open your mind. And yes, this applies to atheists and those who are religious.

There's a big difference between the two.

No one tells me I should be black or asian but as for religion I only go on the attack when someone rants to me how I should believe in the word of god, etc..

I respect your beliefs until you cross my line.

My 2¢

People are born gay, so discriminating against them is awful, because they can't change.

People are often born in the wrong gender's body. That's been proven. Discriminating against them is awful because everyone has a right to feel comfortable with themselves.

Religion is a choice. Now I don't think that people should be discriminated or targeted because of their religious beliefs, but they should be open minded about hearing the other side. So open your mind. And yes, this applies to atheists and those who are religious.

My 2¢

Don't anyone dare be offensive towards gays, transgenders, blacks etc. here, but it's a free for all for attacking religious/beliefs people. Bunch of hypocrites. Probably think you're so intelligent coming here mocking religious people, and how you're so much better just because you're atheist or something. I am not a religous person myself, but some of the most upstanding people I know are good religious folks, you ignorant, hate spewing people. I have nothing against atheists that can argue logically without getting emotional, or still show respect to other peoples beliefs. THIS goes the same for religous people too. If you can't be an adult about it, keep your beliefs to yourself, everyone can have thier own beliefs, just don't try to shove them down my throat. This subforum for years has been populated with high and uppity, holier than thou members.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but why do so many people believe that you're born gay?

There are theories about it - but it's not 100% proven.

That is, I haven't read anything that state's it's a 100% fact that people who are gay were born that way.

Oh, before you think I'm against being gay, think again, one of my daughters is gay and when she told me I wasn't surprised and told her the truth - that I am fine with it and thanked her for telling me. Also, she believes in God (Christian).

It's funny how this thread turned out. Now we've gone from religion to a new, giant elephant in the room: homosexuality.

I'm sure half the people reading this thread are saying "homosexuality is something you're born with!" and the others are saying "wait a minute..." but are too afraid to say something, due to being pegged a homophobe.

I'll say it.

As of today (April 2, 2012), there is virtually no concrete, factual confirmation for this. Just speculation and anecdotal support, which can be countered by countless people who openly claim to be gay by choice. Oddly enough, these "by choice" people are often ostracized by their own community because it negates so many arguments for gay rights. So, for those saying "people are born gay" -- you'd better start link farming the confirmation and facts (not speculation), because last I heard, the debate's still going on.

And what do you say about those who claim to be gay by choice? Are they liars? Faking it?

I guess I shouldn't be derailing the thread like this... but I dunno how people are getting away with claiming this is fact, like being born black. Being born gay and being born black are not the same thing.

To those who say people aren't born gay,and that they fake it, why?

Why would anyone subject themselves to the discrimination and humiliation that often comes with it?

Is every single one of them a masochist?

Do they get off on the hate and sadness that can often come with coming out to friends and family who don't accept them?

Do they commit suicide because of something that they're just "pretending" about?

I think it's just a vocal minority of the internet warrior types doing the actions the OP talks about. I agree that any discussions about the topic of religion should be respectful and done without crap flinging or personal attacks. Just because you think someone is wrong, that doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful to them.

Archived