The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Shaw Headshot On Mike Smith

Tm085

Blackhawk fans were being a bunch of crybabies about the refs after he got thrown out, which is hilarious cause they always say how we whine about the refs

if Torres had done that to Crawford they would probably want a 10 game suspension, true dumbass hypocrites

The league was actually policing head-hits well around midway through the season but after they let a few things go, more and more of these dirty hits are happening.

You don't unintentionally headbut someone, Shaw had plenty of time to get out of the way. Honestly, he probably won't get a suspension because for whatever reason, Shanahan thinks suspending players in the playoffs is too severe a punishment unless you wear a Canuck sweater.

Mark my words, if this and Hagelin's elbow don't get severe 3-5 game suspensions, the league is going to get dirty this post-season and everyone is going to take runs at star players. We've already lost Daniel, Crosby and now Alfredsson to dirty plays, possibly Smith now, so who's next? Hopefully the Canucks can take advantage of this and add Kopitar and Doughty to that list, because apparently its a tactic now to play dirty.

Never been a fan of not being able to hit ( not headshots) a goalie playing the puck,He is now a 3rd Defenceman,with more padding than anyone on the Ice,taking away a scoring opportunity.I say, If He doesnt want to be hit,stay in the protected Blue area, I have never been one for special rules for certain people in anything in life. Everyone plays by the same rules in Hockey (or Life) IMO

You have to hit the coward Hawks in the head before they hit you in the head.

While Torres' hit to Seabrook last year might have sparked them, it also told them that they should be scared.

The NHL is obviously never going to protect it's players, so it's time for mob justice.

I hope Torres runs Toews into the next life. F the Hawks. Cheers.

TOML

Do I agree with the call on the ice? Yes. Does it deserve supplemental discipline? No. Shaw went for the puck, which was on Smith's stick. He was probably using his body to block the pass. It was an unfortunate incident but his helmet hit Smith's mask. It was NOT a shoulder or elbow to Smith's mask. I just dont see this being a suspension, as he didn't target Smith's head just happened to make contact with it.

Blackhawk fans were being a bunch of crybabies about the refs after he got thrown out, which is hilarious cause they always say how we whine about the refs

if Torres had done that to Crawford they would probably want a 10 game suspension, true dumbass hypocrites

Do I agree with the call on the ice? Yes. Does it deserve supplemental discipline? No. Shaw went for the puck, which was on Smith's stick. He was probably using his body to block the pass. It was an unfortunate incident but his helmet hit Smith's mask. It was NOT a shoulder or elbow to Smith's mask. I just dont see this being a suspension, as he didn't target Smith's head just happened to make contact with it.

I lold, the same can be said for Canucks fans as well. In every fan base you are going to find homers.

Archived