The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Call Up Reinprecht, Sit Raymond.

AkungFu

what the hell was raymond trying to accomplish is what i want to know, he'd never be able to knock kopitar down, and he had body position and could have easily gotten the puck. why he went for the horribly mistimed hit I'll never know. ditto for why he was allowed to take another shift that night. baffelling. If I was the coach he would have been sent to the locker room; it was an unacceptable play.

Raymond has been useless in the last 4 games, I dun kno why AV keep starting him on 2nd line for.

Raymond is awful in the game today, didn't you guys see the Kopitar goal? Wtf was he doing?

I'd like to see Higgins go back to the 2nd line!

Canucks should call up Steven Reinprecht to replace Mason Raymond next game, dun think we will lose him in the waivers considering it's the playoffs right now and salary doesn't matter in playoffs either.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!! :towel::towel::towel:

Raymond has been useless in the last 4 games, I dun kno why AV keep starting him on 2nd line for.

Raymond is awful in the game today, didn't you guys see the Kopitar goal? Wtf was he doing?

I'd like to see Higgins go back to the 2nd line!

Canucks should call up Steven Reinprecht to replace Mason Raymond next game, dun think we will lose him in the waivers considering it's the playoffs right now and salary doesn't matter in playoffs either.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!! :towel::towel::towel:

I said this before in another thread, if I were Canucks management I would leave the Wolves alone. They started gaining a lot of chemistry as a group down the stretch and they look primed for a decent run in the Calder Cup playoffs. Reinprecht is one of their veterans and a very important player.

Yes, the Canucks' success means more to Canucks brass than the Wolves' success, but in my opinion the team is not in a dire enough situation to disrupt a solid Wolves roster. If the Canucks' best players are their best players then there is simply no need for a shakeup. If the defense is on their game and Kesler finds his groove and the Sedins continue to lead the way offensively, suddenly the Raymond issue will become fairly insignificant. It's only a big issue now because the team is on the brink of elimination and several core players are not playing up to par so an underperforming Mason Raymond of all things is going to stand out.

That play on Kopitar was one of the most boneheaded, amateurish moves I've seen in an NHL game.

It reminded me of playing NHL12 drop-in, with the defender going for the big hit at the blueline, letting the guy waltz around him and right in on net.

raymond was demoted to the 4th line in the 3rd period. He saw very limited ice time and was only on the ice for the 2nd unit PP. Lappy has been promoted to play next to Kesler & Burrows.

Whether he will stay down there is the question. But my guess is that AV may possibly keep him on the 4th instead of bring Bitz in as AV is once again playing only 3 lines and hence there is little reason to dress Bitz instead of Raymond. Raymond will be used on the 2nd unit PP and also play his 5min with Kassian and Malhotra.

The Wolves are in the playoffs now, Reinprect is more valuable to the Wolves than he would be to the Canucks. Plus Raymond and Reinprect are completely different players. Raymond just needs to be benched, put in Weise for added toughness, I can see but taking Reinprect from the Wolves, Gillis would piss off a lot of people in Chicago..

Can't call reinprecht but Raymond on the 4th or out. His 1st/ 2nd / 3rd line audition is over. He's useless everywhere.

Sedin-Sedin-Booth/Burr

Lapierre/Hansen-Kesler-Higgins/Burr

Lapierre/Hansen-Pahlsson-Higgins/Booth

Kassian-Malhotra-Bitz/Raymond

enough is enough

Archived