Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yes we can nucks

Gary Roberts Calls Mike Gillis A 'moron' For Comments About Hodgson

339 posts in this topic

Well he had to defend his own a** for making the trade, in which many people were upset about and calling for him to be fired because "Hodgson lost us the LA Series"

SILLY GOOSE' timestamp=1335797248' post='10622455]

If I was Gary, I'd be out protecting my business interests as well, that being golden eggs.

I agree with Gary. Gillis is a moron, it wasn't necessary to make those comments about Hodgson.

Gillis did the right thing in trading him if he didn't wanna stay here... but he's an idiot for telling the media about it.

This article makes me sick because I know Roberts speaks the truth. Gillis and the Canucks totally dropped the ball with this trade.

THAT BEING SAID......I think Roberts is assuming here that the issues Gillis was referring to were Hodgson's injury issues. I don't necessarily think that's what Gillis was talking about. Look at the work Gillis put in to deal with Rypien and his mental struggles. He's not going to throw someone under the bus for their medical issues. I think he was referring to a few attitude problems and some drama with the agent and family.

At the end of the day, though, Hodgson was not handled right by this organization and I believe it begins and ends with the coach. AV never really jived with Hodgson from the get go and I can bet he had a say in his departure. I fear that Hodgson was willing to work things out but Gillis catered to his coach that he adores so much and cut Hodgson loose.

Well he had to defend his own a** for making the trade, in which many people were upset about and calling for him to be fired because "Hodgson lost us the LA Series"

I think Gillis made the comments because it justifies (in his mind anyway) why he made the trade.

Call it "damage control".

But then, I figure he didn't expect Gary Roberts to call him out as a "moron"...