The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

W C F: (3) Phoenix Coyotes Vs (8) Los Angeles Kings

Who will will the series?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think if either of these teams goes on to win the cup we will be puzzled for months. Both teams on paper aren't exactly cup contenders but their goaltenders keep them in it. We've seen goaltenders in the past steal a series, but 2,3,4 is a lot to expect. Using these teams models its really hard to determine what sets them apart.

Compare this to last years final four, Tampa, San jose, Boston, and Vancouver, all of which had top end talent, size and goaltending. PHX and LA do not compare to any of these teams depth but are still in it. I am fascinated as a hockey fan to try and learn what type of game play or model sets these two average teams apart from the rest of the western conference.

Now I don't think anyone chose Mike Smith winning against Rinne in a straight goalie battle, but it happened. In my mind Rinne is better than or at least equivalent to Quick so this will be an interesting goalie battle.

heart says Phoenix; brain says L.A.

I think that the Kings' depth of talent and guys who can provide size and energy can wear down the Coyotes, despite their insistence to play D (St. Louis was near the bottom in goals against with their two stud goalies and look what the Kings did to them); the Kings this season remind me of last season's Bruins... stud pair of goalies and legendary performances by the starter, similar D group makeup (stud up top, combo of physical and mobile D lower in the depth chart); forwards big and gritty as heck, while new guys (Richards-Ryder) provide offensive jolts at clutch times.

Good luck Phoenix, hope your ragtag team reminiscent of the Giguere-era Ducks can get it done and dethrone the Kings!

This looks to be a low scoring goalie battle between two at the top of their game so, with the way these playoffs have been going, we can expect a high scoring, wide open series.

I seriously have given up on predicting series this year.

I think if either of these teams goes on to win the cup we will be puzzled for months. Both teams on paper aren't exactly cup contenders but their goaltenders keep them in it. We've seen goaltenders in the past steal a series, but 2,3,4 is a lot to expect. Using these teams models its really hard to determine what sets them apart.

Compare this to last years final four, Tampa, San jose, Boston, and Vancouver, all of which had top end talent, size and goaltending. PHX and LA do not compare to any of these teams depth but are still in it. I am fascinated as a hockey fan to try and learn what type of game play or model sets these two average teams apart from the rest of the western conference.

Now I don't think anyone chose Mike Smith winning against Rinne in a straight goalie battle, but it happened. In my mind Rinne is better than or at least equivalent to Quick so this will be an interesting goalie battle.

a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seed knockout would be remembered for years to come. LA in 7 and Quick will get the Conn Smythe in the end... Would rather see Doan raise the cup but this will probably not happen.

LA was picked to be a potential cup winner at the beginning of the year, don't know why people are having such a hard time with this. they're a good team, THEY'VE ONLY LOST 1 GAME SO FAR IN THE PLAYOFFS

It took me a while to vote for this one. Both LA and Phoenix have been playing FAR better than anyone would have predicted going into this series, and the numbers that Smith and Quick have put up are nearly identical. I think the one thing that LA has going for it over the Coyotes is scoring, with Brown, Richards, Carter, Kopitar and Doughty on the back end. Phoenix was able to shut down the Blackhawks scoring for 6 games, and Nashville threw a lot at them but with no finish, I think the Kings have a better system in the end that will make short work of the Coyotes.

Kings in 5, probably will end up playing New Jersey in the Finals.

Archived