The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Else Here Is Sick Of John Tortorella?

Most of the media's question are stupid.

MEDIA ... " Do you think the game may have gone differently if you had scored more "

Torts ..." NEXT "

I love his passion. I think for the most part, if the media cant find any thing hockey to write about they go for a reaction from Torts instead by asking stupid questions.

I love Torts, he is actually honest which is great.

If the way he is thinking inside is, ***** I'm pissed off, then I expect that to be reflected in his answers. A guy like AV I can see giving polite answers, thats the type of guy AV is.

If Torts were nice and polite he would be being fake.

Polite - refusing to let the world know how you really feel. In some context this is a great thing, like between friends, neighbours, etc it is merely diplomatic (and welcome). In this context, however, we have media asking someone questions. Thats all the media is there for, to extract information about the game, if Torts decides to be diplomatic, the integrity of the information fails. We cannot find out how Torts felt about the game without allowing him to express how he felt about the game - if he's not happy about the game, then how can he give a happy response?

Problem is that the media feels the need to entertain us, rather than provide information. They seem to forget its the NHL that provides the entertainment, they feel its their highlight reels that are the bread and butter of the league. This leads to reporters prodding Torts (attempting to make his reaction to their reporting the story, and ignoring the actual story, sickening lack of professional journalism), editors replaying Torts quotes over and over to increase ratings and generate advertising revenue, and constantly painting the picture of an out-of-control coach.

I say, more guys like Torts, less reporters, and the NHL is better off.

I personally hate Tortorella. He's a winner and I hate winners. That's why I'm a Vancouver Canucks fan. I know they won't win anything and will give various reasons for their loss.

On another note... Carter/ Richards or the Sedins? Anyone?

We had one of those in Marc Crawford. Didn't work out so well.....

Besides, Torts hasn't won yet, and if not for a lucky 4 minute penalty to Joel Ward, he'd be booking tee times right now.

I don't think I'd call that "proof" of anything, however, if it's your opinion that having won a championship in the past gives one carte blanche to act like a prick, then so be it.

I'll expect not to see you chiming in on any of future hate threads about Nick Kypreos or Craig Simpson in the future...

He's in the Conference Finals. So you'd think he'd be in a better mood in his press conferences after the games. Especially after the Rangers win. But he obviously doesn't like the media very much and it easily shows. He is a breathe of fresh air though not like the majority of NHL coaches out there.

Whether you personally love or hate Tortorella, realize this: When was the last time the press was all over his players?

Here we seem to get monthly stories about something AV said about a player, or something a player said in an interview. In New York, the only stories outside of the game seem to center around the brash coach. In such a huge media market, the players probably appreciate having a lot of that attention deflected away from them.

The only time I can think of is when he was with Tampa and he lambasted his goaltending ("75% rule", or something like that). But I can understand why he was completely fed up with it - it WAS terrible. He must be loving having the kind of goaltending he's getting now.

Whether you personally love or hate Tortorella, realize this: When was the last time the press was all over his players?

Here we seem to get monthly stories about something AV said about a player, or something a player said in an interview. In New York, the only stories outside of the game seem to center around the brash coach. In such a huge media market, the players probably appreciate having a lot of that attention deflected away from them.

The only time I can think of is when he was with Tampa and he lambasted his goaltending ("75% rule", or something like that). But I can understand why he was completely fed up with it - it WAS terrible. He must be loving having the kind of goaltending he's getting now.

Archived