The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dairy Queen Sedin Soft Serve Ice Cream

Wonder__Bread

To me this is a question of Insanity and Brute Force vs Skill and Intelligence.

I was always taught that NOT flying off the handle and keeping calm and collected in the face of chaos was an ADMIRABLE quality in a person.

Calling out the Twins for being soft is lame as hell.

I even thought they answered the toughness call this season and people would let up.

A good portion of the very best goal scorers in the league have this admirable quality... and yet the piranha fans and the vulture media just love referring to it as a completely negative aspect.

Guess what yo's, being cool and calm is samurai sh** !! ... so if your not down with THAT kinda cool, then buzz off.

Daniel Sedin not punching Marchand out in the finals, was a good comparison in character. Daniel deserved a power play for not flying off the handle. The refs missed this one big time. There are a hundred other players that would have dropped the gloves with that rat face, but only a handful that would think to take a punch in the face for the man advantage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEh53OWz0jU

Call out Euro's for not having grit all that you want, haters. I for one am getting sick of the media trying to convince me that violence and brute force and more admirable qualities than incredible skill and intelligence.

While I'm at it, SCREW the NHL for taking this stance too.

These business clowns (cough*bettman*) don't care about players lives.

The fact that our seasons have taken on a huge serge in career ending hits to our most skilled players is testament to this.

The Sedins, particularly Henrik, have become a lot more physical. In the finals they tried not to lose their cool so they could draw penalties. Plus it isn't a good idea to fight back when there aren't guys on your team to back you up. Considering the team could not do anything offensively 2 of the last 5 playoff rounds Henrik's almost PPG pace is pretty impressive.

by tough do you mean chara's 52 pts and +33 or the fact that brown scored as many shorthanded goals as the sedins and kessler combined??????

to mention the sedins in the same sentance as Datsyuk and Iginla shows that you are the normal nuck homer that never played hockey and gets your opinions from the ridiculous van media. compare pk mins and watch the 2 way play of real team leaders to the sedins goal sucking pp and offensive zone mins. as long as this is the canucks "heart" i will continue to be embarrassed to be from bc

There is no problems with the Sedins. Don't blame them for the L.A series loss. They were the only forwards putting up points! L.A plays a tight checking style, and games 1-3 when Daniel was out Henrik was 1 on 3 or 1 on 4 the majority of the time looking for a pass. Being held and hooked non stop and not getting a call. What I saw from the twins is this series was pure hate. Pure hate in the sense that they are angry for the cup and they want to go for it.

After the OT goal was scored in game 5 the camera cut to Henrik. There was a look of disgust. Anger like I've never seen before. Rage is his eyes. While the team was dissapointed, Hank and Dan were livid. This guy and his brother want to win. They competed harder than most of the Canucks! The rest let us down. They let the Sedins down. No team in hockey can win a cup with two players. You cannot blame the Sedins for any part of the series loss. I've never seen somebody so tough as battle through L.A's clutching and grabbing and still be PPG, and in on 5 of our 8 goals! Daniel as well was PPG and in on 2/4 he was in the line up for!

The Sedins are ready. They are ready to take the cup home. But they can't do it themselves.

Henrik had the anger, the fire in his eyes. Does anyone remember this look?

There are different variations of tough and no, they're not goon tough. But as far as stamina and resilience tough - like no others. One of the points made on the Team awhile ago was how they blow up the Grouse Grind leaving others in their dust. You have to be a different kind of tough for that and that kind actually takes more than simply throwing your body weight around. That kind of tough comes from intense training and dedication year round. It involves mental toughness because, if you let up, you lose it.

The Sedins are naturally gifted but the thing that propels them to a different level is their commitment to the game. Of course they're tough - they're two of the most targeted guys in the game and they still can't be taken out of it.

One of the things I do see developing more in the Sedins is their snarls...because they are skilled players, they've also been rather "polite" on the ice but I see that changing. Still not sure if it's a good thing yet, as it pulls them off their game a bit and I know that's the intention behind it. But they do play with a bit of a nastier edge than in the past and are by no means pushovers.

Treekiller - save it. Your inner troll is shining through.

Haven't seen or heard anyone call Henrik or Daniel soft in a long time. Not sure where you're getting this from.

Though i do agree with you for the most part, saying a player isn't soft because he doesn't get injured isn't really a good argument.

Kesler has been injured a lot but he is the opposite of soft.

I like to think the Sedins are tough players because of their resiliency and mental toughness, always getting back up after a hit and going to the dirty areas to score.

too much wacky for you my man. If you are sick of the comments by CDC, don't open the threads. Problem solved. Everyone has a right to say what they will, even if you don't approve.

The Sedins are exactly what they have always been, super stars. What others say about them is not relevant. The Canucks need to provide some support and with bums like Kessler as our secondary scording, well, we aren't going anywhere. A whole year where the team can't score goals and they do nothing about it but bring in a goon. SAD

agreed. People saying we should get rid of our 'soft' players. Who will replace them? 3rd/4th liners who just hit with no offensive ability?

Players like the Sedins, Naslund, St. Louis, etc. can take hits and still play. When you get knocked down you get back up. That is what the NHL is all about and your are right the tough players are the ones that get up and don't react to the hits. Sedins have been the best duo since the lock-out. Both have won the Art Ross, and are rarely injured. They compete every night, they fought for their right to play in this league and this team, and most importantly they love this city and community. Donating to the children's hospital $1.5M and still people questions these guys? Best and one of the small collection of classy guys still in this league.

Soft players don't battle along the boards the way the Sedins do. And they win more battles than they lose. Although they don't throw big hits, they do go after the puck. If you really watch them they give a bump to get the defender off balance and steal the puck. It's actually more effective to get possession than throwing the big hit hoping a team mate will retrieve the puck ahead of another defender.

by tough do you mean chara's 52 pts and +33 or the fact that brown scored as many shorthanded goals as the sedins and kessler combined??????

to mention the sedins in the same sentance as Datsyuk and Iginla shows that you are the normal nuck homer that never played hockey and gets your opinions from the ridiculous van media. compare pk mins and watch the 2 way play of real team leaders to the sedins goal sucking pp and offensive zone mins. as long as this is the canucks "heart" i will continue to be embarrassed to be from bc

too much wacky for you my man. If you are sick of the comments by CDC, don't open the threads. Problem solved. Everyone has a right to say what they will, even if you don't approve.

The Sedins are exactly what they have always been, super stars. What others say about them is not relevant. The Canucks need to provide some support and with bums like Kessler as our secondary scording, well, we aren't going anywhere. A whole year where the team can't score goals and they do nothing about it but bring in a goon. SAD

Haven't seen or heard anyone call Henrik or Daniel soft in a long time. Not sure where you're getting this from.

Though i do agree with you for the most part, saying a player isn't soft because he doesn't get injured isn't really a good argument.

Kesler has been injured a lot but he is the opposite of soft.

I like to think the Sedins are tough players because of their resiliency and mental toughness, always getting back up after a hit and going to the dirty areas to score.

Take a stroll through any thread where the name Sedin comes up and I guarantee you one ignorant person will bring it up and no one says otherwise. I agree with out that not being injured isn't the greatest argument, but I just added it in there to prove that no matter how much he takes, he's always back up and ready to help our team win. Resilient would probably be the best word to describe the Sedins.

To me this is a question of Insanity and Brute Force vs Skill and Intelligence.

I was always taught that NOT flying off the handle and keeping calm and collected in the face of chaos was an ADMIRABLE quality in a person.

Calling out the Twins for being soft is lame as hell.

I even thought they answered the toughness call this season and people would let up.

A good portion of the very best goal scorers in the league have this admirable quality... and yet the piranha fans and the vulture media just love referring to it as a completely negative aspect.

Guess what yo's, being cool and calm is samurai sh** !! ... so if your not down with THAT kinda cool, then buzz off.

Daniel Sedin not punching Marchand out in the finals, was a good comparison in character. Daniel deserved a power play for not flying off the handle. The refs missed this one big time. There are a hundred other players that would have dropped the gloves with that rat face, but only a handful that would think to take a punch in the face for the man advantage.

Call out Euro's for not having grit all that you want, haters. I for one am getting sick of the media trying to convince me that violence and brute force and more admirable qualities than incredible skill and intelligence.

While I'm at it, SCREW the NHL for taking this stance too.

These business clowns (cough*bettman*) don't care about players lives.

The fact that our seasons have taken on a huge serge in career ending hits to our most skilled players is testament to this.

Archived