The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sign Mikeal Samuelsson?

Thoughts??

Samuelsson is a UFA, and is an experienced playoff player. He would be a great depth addition I think. We all know how good he was a few years ago in the playoffs against the Kings, and I still think he would have helped a lot in the SCF.

Sign him? If so how much? I would give him a 1-2 year contract 1.5m-2m per.

But I would definately make a push to get him back here at the right price and if wants too come back.

WHAT?

i was pretty angry to see him leave , obv with booth i wasnt too upset

but if we could get him back for cheap even , a guy who knows the system has been there before (SNIPER) , why not?

i dont see gillis going after him , right after trading him , but wow would that look great , trade sammy and sturm for booth , resign sammy and it was just a plot to dump sturm

There's no room for him, even if the team wanted him and he wanted to come back here.

On which line would he play? Samuelsson is a right winger (normally). The Canucks have Burrows, Hansen and Kassian there (assuming Kassian makes the team next year). On the left side, the Canucks have Sedin, Booth and Higgins. I don't see Samuelsson playing ahead of any of those guys. On top of that, there's all sorts of prospects on the farm looking for ice time, who are under contract for less money.

And then there's what-ever might come back from the anticipated goalie trade. If Purcell or Connolly or whomever comes here you aren't playing Samuelsson over one of them.

regards,

G.

WHAT?

i was pretty angry to see him leave , obv with booth i wasnt too upset

but if we could get him back for cheap even , a guy who knows the system has been there before (SNIPER) , why not?

i dont see gillis going after him , right after trading him , but wow would that look great , trade sammy and sturm for booth , resign sammy and it was just a plot to dump sturm

Archived