The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Luongo to the Leafs

I was listening to Team 1040 this saying Pierre Lebrun was saying that Tampa Bay will not be in the running, Toronto is trying to low-ball Mike Gillis but they've had discussions, Columbus is very interested and Florida has expressed some moderate interested. I think it's likely that Gillis will use Columbus as a leverage strategy and it's unlikely we'll have to take Mike Komisarek from Toronto. Lebrun was implying that the worse case scenario for the Canucks would be to acquire nothing for Lu which isn't how I see it going down when Columbus is in the running.

Guest Dasein

Columbus could be a very attractive location for Luongo once they receive some serious assets for Rick Nash and possibly move the 2nd overall to Toronto for their 5th and a good roster player/prospect.

Then, they'll have plenty of attractive assets for us to receive in return for Luongo.

Hmm interesting stuff. Samjam has apparently broken a couple of Canucks trades according to the attached link to OP.

Let's assume it's legit , who comes back?

Schenn, 1st and Armstrong for Luongo and Andrew Alberts.

“He first gained notoriety when he was the first to accurately state that the Canucks were going to file tampering charges against Ron Wilson and the Leafs over their Sedin twins comments in the summer of 09. In the fall of 2011, he was thirty minutes ahead of TSN on the exact particulars of the David Booth for Marco Sturm and Mikael Samuelsson swap. In February of 2012 he beat TSN by a similar margin with again, the exact particulars of the buzzer-beating Hodgson for Kassian trade on trade deadline day."

- Ten minutes before Bob McKenzie announced the Cody Hodgson for Zack Kassian trade, @samjam99 tweeted it was going to happen.

- Twenty minutes before Darren Dreger announced that the Canucks had traded for David Booth, @samjam99 tweeted it"

-Hfboards

​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------

Please be gardiner! /prays

I was listening to Team 1040 this saying Pierre Lebrun was saying that Tampa Bay will not be in the running, Toronto is trying to low-ball Mike Gillis but they've had discussions, Columbus is very interested and Florida has expressed some moderate interested. I think it's likely that Gillis will use Columbus as a leverage strategy and it's unlikely we'll have to take Mike Komisarek from Toronto. Lebrun was implying that the worse case scenario for the Canucks would be to acquire nothing for Lu which isn't how I see it going down when Columbus is in the running.

“He first gained notoriety when he was the first to accurately state that the Canucks were going to file tampering charges against Ron Wilson and the Leafs over their Sedin twins comments in the summer of 09. In the fall of 2011, he was thirty minutes ahead of TSN on the exact particulars of the David Booth for Marco Sturm and Mikael Samuelsson swap. In February of 2012 he beat TSN by a similar margin with again, the exact particulars of the buzzer-beating Hodgson for Kassian trade on trade deadline day."

- Ten minutes before Bob McKenzie announced the Cody Hodgson for Zack Kassian trade, @samjam99 tweeted it was going to happen.

- Twenty minutes before Darren Dreger announced that the Canucks had traded for David Booth, @samjam99 tweeted it"

-Hfboards

​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------​------

Please be gardiner! /prays

Archived