The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

Good job ladies! We were robbed in the semi and honestly we robbed this game for bronze. Like I said in an earlier post, it all evens out eventually.

Definitely. Can see just how tired they are. Best shot is probably to take it to penalties unfortunately.

Tonya Verbeek guaranteed a medal after winning QF.(I think?)

In boxing yes, once you make it to the semis, you're guaranteed a medal. However, in wrestling you're not so Tonya Verbeek still has to win in the semi to guarantee a medal or at least win one of her next two matches to win a medal.

Thanks for that gif MAK....

BTW: Did anyone catch the feature on Carol Huynh by Rick Hansen yesterday? It told the story of how the Huynh family was brought over to Canada, having no money, not knowing the language or culture and being "adopted" by the community of Hazelton.

Very inspiring. My hat is off to Carol and her home town, for an amazing success story, both in sport and in life.

Canada's soccer team has some good looking players :wub:

Just a question for everyone, has anyone cried watching the Olympics? Anyone get emotional?

I haven't cried, but i did get a little emotional (i guess you can say teary eyed when Rosie Maclennan won Canada's first gold <_< )

Archived