The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Luongo for Phaneuf

I'm sorta feeling the same. Can't decide on whether I would do it or not. What about this for another counter proposal?

To Vancouver: Dion Phaneuf + Luke Schenn + Joe Colbourne

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo + David Booth + Keith Ballard + Kevin Connauton + Anton Rodin + 2012 2nd + 2013 1st

Luongo + Booth + 2nd = Phaneuf + Colbourne

Ballard + Connauton + Rodin + 1st = Schenn

I would put Phaneuf with Hamhuis:

Hamhuis - Phaneuf

Edler - Bieksa

Tanev - Schenn

Even though that is the best defense we've ever had, I'm still undecided.

I'm sorta feeling the same. Can't decide on whether I would do it or not. What about this for another counter proposal?

To Vancouver: Dion Phaneuf + Luke Schenn + Joe Colbourne

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo + David Booth + Keith Ballard + Kevin Connauton + Anton Rodin + 2012 2nd + 2013 1st

Luongo + Booth + 2nd = Phaneuf + Colbourne

Ballard + Connauton + Rodin + 1st = Schenn

I would put Phaneuf with Hamhuis:

Hamhuis - Phaneuf

Edler - Bieksa

Tanev - Schenn

Even though that is the best defense we've ever had, I'm still undecided.

I would like Phaneuf, he could be the big name defencmen that we're missing. But if we get Phaneuf, I would trade Bieksa and sign another right side dman (Garrison).

To STL: Bieksa

To VAN: Perron

To TOR: Lu

To VAN: Phaneuf

Sign Garrison

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Perron-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Weise-Manny-Kassian

Hamhuis-Phaneuf

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider, Ballard and our 1st for Phaneuf and Gustafsson

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Alberts - Salo

Tanev

Luongo

Gustafsson

That defence is going to win a Cup. It is built for the playoffs. That sort of physicality and size is how you go far, and is the perfect mix of skilled puck-movers (Bieksa, Edler), big shots (Salo, Phaneuf), big hitters (Phaneuf, Edler, Hamhuis, Alberts), solid defensive positioning (Hamhuis, Salo) and great leadership (Salo, Bieksa, Phaneuf).

Keep Luongo, he has playoff experience and has proven himself in big games - Schneider has not and will take a while to gain that experience. Enjoy your cup folks.

I personally think Luongo is more valuable than Phaneuf. I am sure TO sees it differently. I think if the trade is straight up Canucks get shafted. Also I don't think TO would do this since they made him Captain but in my mind Burke would be an idiot not take this trade and make off like a theif in the night.

• 4 months later...

Normally I'm a cynical a-hole about proposals but the more I think about it the more I would love to have Phaneuf.

He'd thrive in our system with Edler.

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Salo (Assuming he mostly likely isn't retiring, or pop in Garrison, Alberts or Tanev)

Tanev - Alberts

My counter trade is:

To Toronto:

Luongo (G)

Raymond (F) (RFA)

To Vancouver:

Phaneuf (D)

Gustavsson (G) (UFA)

I would like Phaneuf, he could be the big name defencmen that we're missing. But if we get Phaneuf, I would trade Bieksa and sign another right side dman (Garrison).

To STL: Bieksa

To VAN: Perron

To TOR: Lu

To VAN: Phaneuf

Sign Garrison

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Perron-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Weise-Manny-Kassian

Hamhuis-Phaneuf

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider, Ballard and our 1st for Phaneuf and Gustafsson

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Alberts - Salo

Tanev

Luongo

Gustafsson

That defence is going to win a Cup. It is built for the playoffs. That sort of physicality and size is how you go far, and is the perfect mix of skilled puck-movers (Bieksa, Edler), big shots (Salo, Phaneuf), big hitters (Phaneuf, Edler, Hamhuis, Alberts), solid defensive positioning (Hamhuis, Salo) and great leadership (Salo, Bieksa, Phaneuf).

Keep Luongo, he has playoff experience and has proven himself in big games - Schneider has not and will take a while to gain that experience. Enjoy your cup folks.

Archived