Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

POPULAR

http://www.teamradio.ca/

KEYPOINTS:
  • Volpatti is back to 100% physical strength, Gillis believes that he can bring leadership, grit, and hard working 4th line play to the game. Thinks he will get better as a player.
  • Have not gone through arbitration with Raymond. Hoping to reduce up to 15% of his qualifying offer's required amount. Says that it's to save money under the cap.
  • Gillis believes that Raymond can return to his 25+ goal form. Says the team will push him to give his best. Mentions multiple times that they want him on the team, basically confirming his return.
  • Asked if the club has ever thought about letting Raymond go to another team. Gillis says that it isn't "really the way it works".
  • Gillis believes that thin crop of free agents has no effect on his value as Raymond will stay a Canuck.
  • Gillis has not talked to Luongo lately, and will not say anything about his situation.
  • Lots of interest and inquiries about Luongo.
  • Tampa's trade does not thin the pool of Luongo suitors.
  • Thinks the Kings caught fire at the right time, says there is no pattern in the modern NHL to dominate the league year after year. Believes that the Canucks can break through to win a Stanley Cup soon providing the bounces start going their way, etc.
  • Does not believe that the Canucks really have a window. Believes Daniel being out was a major part why LA beat Vancouver.
  • Disappointment goes through Mike's mind about June 15th, 2011. Riots a "difficult time", but claims everyone has learned from it, including the team.
  • Believes that the trade front at the NHL draft will be slower than usual - doesn't think there will be any significant trades until after initial free agent period.
  • "Some uncertainty about the future", going to be interesting 4 to 5 months
  • Doesn't know what to expect lockout-wise, going to do whatever the team needs to in order to improve the Canucks
  • Wants to get things done now, not planning for the future so much.

Edited by Tony Kornheiser, 15 June 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#2 NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'm at work and can't listen. Can someone sum it up for me?
Go Canucks Go!!!

#3 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm at work and can't listen. Can someone sum it up for me?

I will summarize it in the main post for all who cannot listen.

#4 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,334 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

"Mason Raymond is a prototypical NHL player"

Not if you wanna win in the playoffs.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#5 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,426 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Shilling MayRay for years. Why change now?

TOML
Posted Image

#6 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,936 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Interest for Luongo..

Really, nothing new at all.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#7 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Lol god damn it gillis you never say anything interesting in these interviews. I am dissapoint.

#8 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Not planning for the future... What's new? We've got a twelve year old for a gm.

#9 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Not planning for the future... What's new? We've got a twelve year old for a gm.

Actually I believe Mike Gillis is 53
It would be kinda neat to have Crosby as a GM, though

#10 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Status quo ftw? When is Aaron Rome getting re-signed?

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 15 June 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#11 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

More Gillis lawyer speak.

Same old nothing.

#12 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I wonder why the trade front would be quiet, maybe its the possible lockout?

Or maybe we're just getting less Luongo interest than he is letting on...

eh, probably the lockout!

#13 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,060 posts

That was in related to there possibly being a lockout. He's actually going into FA preparing as if there won't be a lockout. It's just misleading from the OP.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#14 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

That was in related to there possibly being a lockout. He's actually going into FA preparing as if there won't be a lockout. It's just misleading from the OP.

Was typing it out as I heard it

#15 BenSurgeon

BenSurgeon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Gillis talked lawyer-eez for 15 minutes and said nothing, what's new. Again I just hope Mason Raymond is not the only major move he is going to make as it will be a long season and early playoff exit next season.
Ben Surgeon

#16 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Everyone is saying nothing new to report....what did you honestly expect?!

Yeah we're moving Luongo... - Well that's good to know kills half the market.

I'm surprised they didn't ask if there is any interest in Schneider....that's really all on Farhan and Taylor not really MG. They feed him the questions, and he's answering mindlessly because the questions are repetitive.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#17 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Was typing it out as I heard it

Sorry didn't come off as bashing you, but just thought I'd fill in the blanks.

The idiocy on CDC....

#18 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Everyone is saying nothing new to report....what did you honestly expect?!

Yeah we're moving Luongo... - Well that's good to know kills half the market.

I'm surprised they didn't ask if there is any interest in Schneider....that's really all on Farhan and Taylor not really MG. They feed him the questions, and he's answering mindlessly because the questions are repetitive.

I honestly want not to be treated like an idiot from this GM of the Canucks.

I honestly expect he will always continue to treat the fan base as idiots.

Re:Tampa's trade does not thin the pool of Luongo suitors.

#19 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

To be fair Yzerman did say that he wanted to go younger and it has been noted by Tampa fans that Yzerman has been true to his word on countless occasions.

Take it for what it's worth.

The idiocy on CDC....

#20 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

http://www.teamradio.ca/

KEYPOINTS:

• Volpatti is back to 100% physical strength, Gillis believes that he can bring leadership, grit, and hard working 4th line play to the game. Thinks he will get better as a player.
  • Have not gone through arbitration with Raymond. Hoping to reduce up to 15% of his qualifying offer's required amount. Says that it's to save money under the cap.
  • Gillis believes that Raymond can return to his 25+ goal form. Says the team will push him to give his best. Mentions multiple times that they want him on the team, basically confirming his return.
  • Asked if the club has ever thought about letting Raymond go to another team. Gillis says that it isn't "really the way it works".
  • Gillis believes that thin crop of free agents has no effect on his value as Raymond will stay a Canuck.
  • Gillis has not talked to Luongo lately, and will not say anything about his situation.
  • Lots of interest and inquiries about Luongo.
  • Tampa's trade does not thin the pool of Luongo suitors.
  • Thinks the Kings caught fire at the right time, says there is no pattern in the modern NHL to dominate the league year after year. Believes that the Canucks can break through to win a Stanley Cup soon providing the bounces start going their way, etc.
  • Does not believe that the Canucks really have a window. Believes Daniel being out was a major part why LA beat Vancouver.
  • Disappointment goes through Mike's mind about June 15th, 2011. Riots a "difficult time", but claims everyone has learned from it, including the team.
  • Believes that the trade front at the NHL draft will be slower than usual - doesn't think there will be any significant trades until after initial free agent period.
  • "Some uncertainty about the future", going to be interesting 4 to 5 months
  • Doesn't know what to expect lockout-wise, going to do whatever the team needs to in order to improve the Canucks
  • Wants to get things done now, not planning for the future so much.

I live in Montreal now and don't get a chance to listen to the Team anymore. So to you, and others like you who also summarize these interviews, I sincerely say: "thank you" :towel:

#21 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

Our GM is playing Poker and will not show the hand until everyone has gone all in.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#22 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

I live in Montreal now and don't get a chance to listen to the Team anymore. So to you, and others like you who also summarize these interviews, I sincerely say: "thank you" :towel:

Anytime I can, you're welcome.

#23 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,334 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

POPULAR

Did anyone see the Ehrhoff/Ballard/Booth/Hodgson trades coming?

Saying one thing and doing another is common practice among GM's.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#24 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Our GM is playing Poker and will not show the hand until everyone has gone all in.

When 'the' supposed major suitor pulls out of the supposed bidding the pool of potential bidders just had a good laugh.

Gillis' denial of the obvious is par for the Gillis course.

#25 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

If they were never in the pool of interested suitors how would it have thinned out the luongo suitor pool, once they got Lindback and Helenius. How was that statement treating fans like idiots.

#26 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

When 'the' supposed major suitor pulls out of the supposed bidding the pool of potential bidders just had a good laugh.

Gillis' denial of the obvious is par for the Gillis course.

when was it stated Tampa was the major suitor, what about TO or FLA or any other team that may have called. Just because Tampa had players nuck fans covet dosent mean they were ever "Major Suitors"

#27 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Gillis going on 1040 ... was there some damage control that he needed to do again?

#28 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Lol god damn it gillis you never say anything interesting in these interviews. I am dissapoint.

Hi Dissapoint. My name is Cam!
Posted Image

#29 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Gillis believes that Raymond can return to his 25+ goal form.

Kind of a "shoot yourself in the foot" statement. Raymond's agent can take that into arbitration and say "Mike Gillis believes my client will be a 25+ goal scorer again, so reducing his salary doesn't make sense in this marketplace. Player's who score 25+ goals are making MORE than my client's salary was to begin with, if anything his salary should increase..."

#30 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Gillis going on 1040 ... was there some damage control that he needed to do again?

?

The idiocy on CDC....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.