The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen,Schroeder,Kassian

Peaches

jensen hates playing with kids who havent even got hair on their cactus yet. he stated himself he likes to play with more mature players. in a more mature system. he destroyed his few games in the ahl. im telling you guys he is gonna be our naslund. think of naslund but more physical......ya better change your underwear. wouldnt be suprised at all if he makes the team

Besides being young, can someone explain to me why Jensen has no chance of making it this season? Not every player needs "seasoning", he is 6'3 and over 200 pounds, great hockey size and obviously has skill. if he impresses out of camp, yes he can make the team if he is the best option.. why should we choose Schroeder just because he is slightly older if he won't provide as much going forward..

I love the credit that people are giving kassian. He was not good on the 4th (or any other line) last year showed no signs of having hands and you want him on the 2nd. He needs a year in Chicago. If he makes the club it's on the 4th but can't see that helping him or us.

Guest Dasein

jensen hates playing with kids who havent even got hair on their cactus yet. he stated himself he likes to play with more mature players. in a more mature system. he destroyed his few games in the ahl. im telling you guys he is gonna be our naslund. think of naslund but more physical......ya better change your underwear. wouldnt be suprised at all if he makes the team

Jensen: Won't make the team, I'd rather he play another year for Oshawa.

Schroeder: Won't make the team, he is not NHL ready.

Kassian: 3rd/4th line. Similar to what he was playing last year.

If we actually have 2 or more of these players playing on our 2nd line, we might as well call it in this year. Not one of these players is even close to ready for a scoring line role.

In the future:

Kassian- 1st Line

Jensen- 2nd Line

Schroeder- 2nd Line

If they were to make the team next year:

Kassian- 3rd/4th Line

Jensen- 4th Line

Schroeder- 3rd Line

I don't believe Jensen will be on the team though, I think he will play in the OHL next year.

Also, I hope Kassian starts in the AHL and splits the year in both leagues.

give schroeder a shot on the second, if it turns up roses, try kesler on the wing (when he returns) with him centering.

jensen wont play past 9 games if any at all, destined for juniors again.

Kassian is most interesting in my opinion. I would be ecstatic if he could fill in on the top line and burrows hopping down to the second. His playstyle really is perfect for the sedins, they move it around and he gets position in front. also has the toughness to back the twins up when teams inevitably get chippy. that second line would be extremely effective as well as burrows and kes feed off eachother well. It's really not so crazy to think but maybe kassians game isn't ready? perhaps this is something to consider later in the season or even in 13-14?

Since the Hodgson lovers hijack virtually every thread on CDC, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I would take any of those three young players over Hodgson. NIce group of forward prospects.

I'm not sure where they will play this year, but I will say that I think Kassian will earn a roster spot and be used up and down the lineup, Schroeder will probably start the season with the Canucks, and Jensen is looking like a bluechip, but I don't expect him to break in already, although he certainly looks capable of surprising us.

p.s. Schroeder may be a smaller center, but doesn't play small - and I think he can be successful if matched with a big, two-way forward or two, someone who can help him down low if he is matched up/caught against big, physical forwards. Cliff Ronning with Sergio Momesso and Geoff Courtnall come to mind.

Archived