The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I think Gudbrandson and Huberdeau are a nogo.The three second tier prospects,Bjugstad,Howden,Petrovic....maybe we get one.The first rounder would be a great chip in other deals and is possible.Very likely we get a vet that isn't cheap.IMHO

I don't know if this Tweet would have anything to do with Lu.. The only reasonable speculation I can come up with is the panthers president wanting to meet the CEO of the online poker company to see their marketing direction and how big of a player Lu would be in that. Maybe that is why it's the president going and not the hockey man tallon. Could be the owners are seeing major opportunities here and are pushing for Lu big time.

That being said, its just my best guess IF this Vegas trip is about luongo. I really don't think it is though, no way gillis agrees to have the pres meet with Lu directly unless he's been traded. Also why would 2 tight lipped organizations hint to that??

I bet he's meeting with EA sports haha

chinese water torture....water boarding..call it what you will....the longer this goes on the worse it will be for everyone...and we just...want..it..to ...stop. "make the bad man stop!" as Sgt. Bilko would say

I think a deal is close,thats my thoughts.But would be nice to see it done.Then we can go after a top 6 player if we dont get one.We will have more cap room.We are close to being good enough to win a cup, a deal doe Luo should put us closer,other deals will put us over the top.

The canucks don't need to trade Luo right now so I don't know why people are saying that MG failed blah blah, That is pure nonsense and stupidity. There is no pressure to trade Luo right now nor is there pressure to trade for him. The best course of action is to do what MG is doing and wait for a desperate GM to mortgage the future for Luo which is only going to happen when the season starts.

Archived