The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I had a dream last night. We got TO'a 5 th over all Armstrong and Schenn for Lu and Picked Galchenyuk with the 5th.

Weird cus I would rather have Grigorenko.

I was choked at MG for not taking Grigo, then I woke up and got angry again for the whole thing not being real. Fraukkkk

I don't know why but I had to share that. #hockeyoverload

I really think Luongo will be gone by the time the draft is over, I can't see him coming back in Vancouver. Dreger said something about how the Canucks fans have already turned the page on Luongo and are now focused on Schneider and it'd be awkward for Luongo to come back. I strongly agree with this, although Luongo was a huge impact on this team coming from Florida and being a part of the reason we were a contender for years.

Luongo doesn't deserve all this drama always around him, he could use a change of scenery and as much as I'd hate to see Luongo go, I believe Schneider will be a solid goaltender down the road and I think it's the right choice to keep Schneider and move Luongo. If fans are already turning against Luongo, keeping him would make matters worse in the next few years.

I had a dream last night. We got TO'a 5 th over all Armstrong and Schenn for Lu and Picked Galchenyuk with the 5th.

Weird cus I would rather have Grigorenko.

I was choked at MG for not taking Grigo, then I woke up and got angry again for the whole thing not being real. Fraukkkk

I don't know why but I had to share that. #hockeyoverload

In reality, it probably isn't really an issue, but it's the only way teams can try and devalue Luongo.

Luongo will likely be an elite goaltender for the next 6 years. He would help the Leafs be a playoff team for the first time in 10 years, and beyond.

It's not like the Leafs aren't a rich enough franchise to buy him out after 6 years if he's still playing, which he most likely won't be. It's not like they have goaltending help coming through the system, even though Burke has had 5 years to find it...

Archived