The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

another classic stawns post. The people that realize that Luongo bailed out those core players for many years and took all of the heat while they were able to develop into solid players (bieksa, burrows, kesler, sedins). Without Luongo to take the heat all of these years, those guys would have been shipped out while they still sucked. Players like the Sedins, burrows, Hamhuis wouldn't have taken discounts to come and play/ re-sign here if it weren't for luongo being on this team. You think they'd come running if it was a cory schneider a few years ago? (not denying schneider's incredible the last 2 years).

Haha I love what Gillis is going. I just went to the Tsn website to see what all the fuss was about and what Dreger was saying was that. With the teams that are interested in acquiring Luongo is getting frusrated because Mike Gillis isn't really telling the interested parties what he wants. I absolute love how he is playing his cards close to the chest, and you offer me something then we will go from there. Could be playing with fire but you don't want what is happening in Columbus where the asking price is wayy too high.

another classic stawns post. The people that realize that Luongo bailed out those core players for many years and took all of the heat while they were able to develop into solid players (bieksa, burrows, kesler, sedins). Without Luongo to take the heat all of these years, those guys would have been shipped out while they still sucked. Players like the Sedins, burrows, Hamhuis wouldn't have taken discounts to come and play/ re-sign here if it weren't for luongo being on this team. You think they'd come running if it was a cory schneider a few years ago? (not denying schneider's incredible the last 2 years).

Archived