Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

iPhone 5, Window 8 (Nokia) or Android Jelly Bean (Galaxy Nexus)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#61 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Get an iPhone then put Windows 8 on it.

That is a skin, not a Windows 8 OS.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

QUOTE (pacecar @ Aug 2 2009, 11:53 AM) Sheep are ok but horses, ewww.

Posted Image

#62 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

That is a skin, not a Windows 8 OS.

Goddammit. iFail.

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#63 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

No, there's nothing sarcastic about having a gun.

Honestly think Blackberry's are the best phones on the market, the chocolate bar phone with the keyboard is fantastic.

I can't stand touch screens anymore. I had a touchscreen LG and I even want to trade my Ipod Touch for an Ipod classic.

They were the 1st revolutionary company and nothing like supporting your own economy when you buy from the Canadian boys, Rim.

I'm like one of those religious crazy nutheads, you can't convince me otherwise.

Blackberry has health risks. Ever heard of the condition, blackberry thumb? typing on that physical keyboard a lot (for texting, emailing etc.) poses some health risk. I rather just swype on a touch screen so I don't get a soar thumb. Heck, voice search and voice to text are now in style, forget about typing.

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

Posted Image

#64 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

I have my apple glasses on, so I say wait for the iPhone 5 and enjoy it.

Posted Image

I don't really care about any of these companies since am not a fanboy or a loyal customer. I just buy whichever is the best at that moment or whichever is cheapest (depending on budget). It could be iPhone5, Android, Windows 8 phone or Blackberry 10. I have an Android phone, my brother has an iPhone, I use Windows 7 on my desktop and I have a Blackberry playbook tablet. Am not the type of person that sticks to one brand, since I don't want to miss a feature or experience and limit myself.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Blackberry has health risks. Ever heard of the condition, blackberry thumb? typing on that physical keyboard a lot (for texting, emailing etc.) poses some health risk. I rather just swype on a touch screen so I don't get a soar thumb. Heck, voice search and voice to text are now in style, forget about typing.

Physical key boards wont be dying out anytime soon.

Businesses will still want them.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#66 -Goose-

-Goose-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

I've been using Android and the Nexus line in particular since the HTC Nexus One released. It's been amazing to see how far the platform has come, but for the first time in a very, very long time I'm extremely excited about what Microsoft has in store.

Windows 8 + Windows Phone 8 will provide an unmatched unser experience, especially with the shared kernel. I'm really stoked.

As for right now, I'd say S3 but if you want the latest Google updates go with the Galaxy Nexus. I've got one and it's great. It doesnt have any buttons so that might be hard to get used to to, but it's fast, has a great screen and great UI. Everything you'd want from a phone.

Posted Image

#67 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,274 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

Those aren't health risks.

Either way the Blackberry 10 will blow all the competition out of the water when it comes out. Its too powerful.

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#68 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,932 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:57 AM

Pretty simple really.The things you use your phone for the most. Emails, sms, phone calls etc

They can all do all those things in basically the exact same way.

#69 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

Physical key boards wont be dying out anytime soon.

Businesses will still want them.

And people, but my wife and I searched all over the GTA just to find two Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro's, so sadly people trust the generally awful touch screen keyboards over the far more reliable physical ones. I've had and dealt with phones all over the brand spectrum and virtually none of them are good enough for me to give a passing grade.

I'm also waiting for more phones/tablets/phablets like the Samsung Note to come out, I love the specs on those things. Not fond of it with texting, but the features are awesome. If only Windows Mobile or iOS were even remotely as customisable and controllable as Android is.

Edited by zaibatsu, 12 July 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#70 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

They can all do all those things in basically the exact same way.

There are differences. It the interface, the options etc plus the hardware.

Add in the use of the internet as well. I for instance do not use a laptop and havent really since 2009 when i got my iPhone. All my posting here is done from my phone and has been since i got that phone.

I would classify myself as an expert when it comes to photography and the technology involved.

A 5 MP camera sensor will allow you easily to print to A4(letter size) prints. Anything over that for the 99% of camera users who are not "experts" or serious hobbyists/pros, is overkill.

In fact the size of the sensor in a phone means having mexapix in the "proper" camera territory will see an increase in noise which reduces the quality of the photo.

Phone cameras are great for a quick off the cuff snap as who wants to really carry around camera with them all the time. But if your looking to make meaningful pics whether it be a nice landscape photo or simply snaps of your family you are better off using a proper camera.

I get a good chuckle at the number if facebook photos people out up that are of extremely poor quality. Its not really worth it.

MPs are a selling/marketing point.

Edited by لني, 12 July 2012 - 04:26 AM.

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#71 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:29 AM

And people, but my wife and I searched all over the GTA just to find two Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro's, so sadly people trust the generally awful touch screen keyboards over the far more reliable physical ones. I've had and dealt with phones all over the brand spectrum and virtually none of them are good enough for me to give a passing grade.

I'm also waiting for more phones/tablets/phablets like the Samsung Note to come out, I love the specs on those things. Not fond of it with texting, but the features are awesome. If only Windows Mobile or iOS were even remotely as customisable and controllable as Android is.

Sure. As someone who works internationally and has a company BB, used an iPhone and now an S3 I dont see a lot of business dudes especially the older set comfortable with screen keyboards.

I can type emails, which in business are necessarily much larger than joe blow on the street,much faster and more accurately with a BB physical keyboards.

Logic at its finest.

#72 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Galaxy S3 > iPhone 4s/5

#73 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,039 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

Galaxy S3 > iPhone 4s/5

how? iphone 5 didn't even come out yet.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#74 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

how? iphone 5 didn't even come out yet.

Because we know Apple's tricks by now. They're constantly add inconsequential features and call it "revolutionary."

The Windows Phone OS and Blackberry OS are revolutionary.

Posted Image

#75 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

Because we know Apple's tricks by now. They're constantly add inconsequential features and call it "revolutionary."

Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

I don't really care about any of these companies since am not a fanboy or a loyal customer. I just buy whichever is the best at that moment or whichever is cheapest (depending on budget). It could be iPhone5, Android, Windows 8 phone or Blackberry 10. I have an Android phone, my brother has an iPhone, I use Windows 7 on my desktop and I have a Blackberry playbook tablet. Am not the type of person that sticks to one brand, since I don't want to miss a feature or experience and limit myself.

I respect that. You said it might come down to budget and I'm guessing the iPhone is the most expensive of the pack and apple haters often say they aren't that revolutionary and that their stuff are just rip offs and so on. So go figure. I'm happy with my iPhone 4 and will buy the new one as soon as it comes out. I had an iPhone 3GS before this one and was happy with that one too. Being from Finland and all, I've had like 20+ Nokia phones before and even though phones tend to improve, they've always had issues on so many levels that I got tired of that.

OT
I myself have gotten attached with Apple products in the last few years and moved over to their products with computers, music players and phones for both my wife and me. So easy to handle and use. Of course a bit different to use since I've always used PC:s, but I'm still happy with the stuff I've bought.

Edited by Spoosh, 13 July 2012 - 01:13 AM.

© 2000, 2015 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

SuomenLippu.gif

#77 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

Having an iPhone and iPod touch, the only good thing about iOS is the smoothness of running apps -- Android is a bit more resource intensive and doesn't transition from app to app as smoothly. I've got virtually nothing positive to say about Windows Mobile, it's far too limiting for a user all around, not as smooth as iOS, not as feature friendly, customizable, and user-control-enabling as Android.

Having learned more about the Samsung Note and GLONASS, which is, especially in our hemisphere, perfectly on par with GPS, I'm likely going that route as I prefer a 5 inch screen for a tablet rather than the bulkier 7 and 10's, and can still fit the thing in my pockets, throw a tablet data plan on it, and have insane access to Google Voice and other data without need for a costly voice and text plan, and when driving in the US can access satellites on pre-loaded maps for navigation.

Edited by zaibatsu, 13 July 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#78 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

Having an iPhone and iPod touch, the only good thing about iOS is the smoothness of running apps -- Android is a bit more resource intensive and doesn't transition from app to app as smoothly. I've got virtually nothing positive to say about Windows Mobile, it's far too limiting for a user all around, not as smooth as iOS, not as feature friendly, customizable, and user-control-enabling as Android.

Having learned more about the Samsung Note and GLONASS, which is, especially in our hemisphere, perfectly on par with GPS, I'm likely going that route as I prefer a 5 inch screen for a tablet rather than the bulkier 7 and 10's, and can still fit the thing in my pockets, throw a tablet data plan on it, and have insane access to Google Voice and other data without need for a costly voice and text plan, and when driving in the US can access satellites on pre-loaded maps for navigation.

Just bought the wife a SS Note last night for those very reasons. She can ebook and use it as a phone etc

Logic at its finest.

#79 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Either way the Blackberry 10 will blow all the competition out of the water when it comes out. Its too powerful.

I sure hope so. Do you know anything that the general public doesn't, or is this just wishful thinking on your part? Could it equally be true that RIM will break up the company and sell off its parts to the highest bidder?

#80 -Goose-

-Goose-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

I sure hope so. Do you know anything that the general public doesn't, or is this just wishful thinking on your part? Could it equally be true that RIM will break up the company and sell off its parts to the highest bidder?

Probably the latter. The company is in shambles with not only declining market-share, but declining mind-share. Barring some incredible feature BB10 will be the demise of that company

Posted Image

#81 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

No, there's nothing sarcastic about having a gun.

Honestly think Blackberry's are the best phones on the market, the chocolate bar phone with the keyboard is fantastic.

I can't stand touch screens anymore. I had a touchscreen LG and I even want to trade my Ipod Touch for an Ipod classic.

They were the 1st revolutionary company and nothing like supporting your own economy when you buy from the Canadian boys, Rim.

I'm like one of those religious crazy nutheads, you can't convince me otherwise.

I respect your decision in phones. Also rocking an old Bold 9700, was waiting for OS 10 but I don't think I can wait much longer.. (256mb internal memory, OS 7 took up 170 mbs after installing). The 9790 with the current OS will do me just fine, and with the dramatic increase in onboard memory it won't be too much of a problem when OS 10 does end up coming out.

People don't understand there are several people that don't want a touch screen to type.. Having fat thumbs and a touch screen doesn't work, my ipod touch is proof of that. I hate typing on iphones and touches. I'll always stick to a physical keyboard, and something that doesn't need a case (because I hate cases) and won't break if you drop it once only to pick up your shattered phone seconds later.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#82 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

I respect your decision in phones. Also rocking an old Bold 9700, was waiting for OS 10 but I don't think I can wait much longer.. (256mb internal memory, OS 7 took up 170 mbs after installing). The 9790 with the current OS will do me just fine, and with the dramatic increase in onboard memory it won't be too much of a problem when OS 10 does end up coming out.

People don't understand there are several people that don't want a touch screen to type.. Having fat thumbs and a touch screen doesn't work, my ipod touch is proof of that. I hate typing on iphones and touches. I'll always stick to a physical keyboard, and something that doesn't need a case (because I hate cases) and won't break if you drop it once only to pick up your shattered phone seconds later.

Really I found it harder to type on the physical keyboard than the touchscreen. I always seemed to be miss typing on it.

Better be considering its been delayed and delayed and thats RIMs last shot at market share.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#83 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Not sure if you mean Windows Mobile, or Windows Phone.

#84 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,274 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

+1

Go Blackberry!

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#85 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

The galaxy is pretty darn good but the one flaw is the screen size (too big IMO). The Android's are all good as well, but the problem with them is that they release a new phone every other week... Both phones have better software than the iPhone but the iPhone is so simple to use (perfect for being on the go). Re-sale value is also much better.

I'd say go with which phone fits your lifestyle, I wouldn't get to interested in the specs, a millisecond won't make me choose one over the other.

LOL :P

Don't even look at the Note then. :P

Edited by NightHawkSniper, 03 August 2012 - 10:43 PM.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#86 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Don't even look at the Note then. :P

I bought the Samsung Note, it fits in my pocket, and therefore is an ideal tablet size too (for me at least, I hate the large tablets) in addition to the specs.

I cancelled out my current nonsensical voice+msg+data+voicemail/callerid/forward bundle crap plan and convinced Bell to put me into a tablet data only plan. I tricked Google Voice into allowing me to register a Canadian number, downloaded both GV and Talkatone and now just pay $20-$35/month for far more talking than I do per month, plus voicemail, plus caller ID, plus tons more data left over, mainly because Android allows Talkatone and GV to essentially take over the device to make and receive calls/txts, something iOS devices never let me do without jailbreaking, and don't even think about Windows.

Edited by zaibatsu, 03 August 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#87 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

lol, Blackberry..... how can anyone say Blackberry is good. Terrible phones. OS is a dinosaur.

If you want, feel free to fall for Apple's marketing shenanigans, as someone else put it. They're not bad phones, but certainly not worth the price.

Android is great, I'd go for the S3. Samsung makes great phones.

Windows Phone 8 looks promising. I'm very excited to see how good it really can be. I adopted early and got WP7 when it first came out on a Samsung Focus. WP7.5 Mango has been great. Of course, because it's so new, there are some deficiencies, namely the number of apps, as well as customizability.

In terms of speed though, I've found WP7.5 to be faster than anything else I've tried. To be fair, while I did mention the number of apps is much lower than iOS or Android, you have to take into account the length of time WP7 has been around. If you look at the time vs. the number of apps, WP7 actually hit 100k apps faster than either iOS or Android.

I think WP8 has loads of potential, although it may be too soon to adopt. I will admit that going the WP7 route was a bit premature, but I don't regret it.

RIP LB RR PD

#88 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,105 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Ditto this. I have so much trouble typing on a touch-screen, regardless of the screen size.

Press the Panic Button! arrow.small.up.gif

Signature-canuckmunkey.jpg
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl, Steve Montador
Sig by .CM.

#89 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

I bought the Samsung Note, it fits in my pocket, and therefore is an ideal tablet size too (for me at least, I hate the large tablets) in addition to the specs.

I cancelled out my current nonsensical voice+msg+data+voicemail/callerid/forward bundle crap plan and convinced Bell to put me into a tablet data only plan. I tricked Google Voice into allowing me to register a Canadian number, downloaded both GV and Talkatone and now just pay $20-$35/month for far more talking than I do per month, plus voicemail, plus caller ID, plus tons more data left over, mainly because Android allows Talkatone and GV to essentially take over the device to make and receive calls/txts, something iOS devices never let me do without jailbreaking, and don't even think about Windows.

How did you manage to get GV to work?
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#90 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

Potential iPhone 5?

Rumor dates for the iPhone 5 are also being talked about now to be as early as September 21st and being showcased at an Apple event on September 12th, 9 days before the official release.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.