The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim and Jewish groups denounce German circumcision ruling

I ain't seen much about aesthetics in the thread though I would agree that would be driving a lot more of the decisions to get the procedure done.

But even then I would rather give up a foreskin than the freedom to walk to school on my own and ride my bike and do pretty much what I wanted than have to endure the closeted regimented lifestyle your average kid gets to go through these days!

In nazi germany a person could be walking down the street and if someone in authority thought they were a person of jewish origin could demand that they pull down their pants and expose themselves and if they were not in posession of a foreskin in many cases they were shot and killed right on the spot .

It is so funny how a piece of skin gets everyone here upset/riled up.. Move on people, sh!t happens whether you like it or not, whether you have less skin or not..

There are bigger issues in this world..

As a doctor, I don't recommend it for sure. They are medical indications for doing it, but religion of the parents is not one of them.

Imagine a religion that advocates removal of the clitoral hood in baby girls. I wonder what reaction it will get. the justification from medical point of view is silly. Religious people did it thousands of years ago when people were ignorant about everything. The germ concept didn't even exist back then.

No, I don't get upset. Unless the parent forces the child against their will. Then yes, I would find it quite upsetting.

And if you lived in that culture, would you find circumcision acceptable?

Let me give you a quick refresher from page 1, in case you still think this thread is about religion vs. atheism.

This one answers your question about tattoos as well,

Here's one that touches on the physical differences between men and women,

Is that enough to drive home the point? Religious circumcision is just a piece of a larger problem.

In nazi germany a person could be walking down the street and if someone in authority thought they were a person of jewish origin could demand that they pull down their pants and expose themselves and if they were not in posession of a foreskin in many cases they were shot and killed right on the spot .

It's pretty over the top. To equate a circumcision with child abuse is rediculous if you ask me. Even being a witness of abuse as a child is something I can clearly remember right now and THAT is something that will mess you up pretty darn good!

Circumcision isn't child abuse? How is being forced to spend a hundred years without your full manhood, when we all know how important it is to us not abuse. You are right it's not abuse, it's murder of your genitals.If you don't have one then I feel sorry for you, and have zero empathy for your parents and the doctors who maimed you. You will never know how comfortable and good it feels to have one.

Archived