The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If we sign Doan and are above the cap before trying to move Luongo it makes us desperate. Florida or any other team involved would know we have to be under the cap before the season begins so they would have the bargaining chips.

I'm all for signing Doan and dumping Raymond. It's Raymond's 2.2 that will likely be the difference between the 3.7 cap space we have now and whatever Doan will sign for. Raymond will do well in the Swiss league.

I just saw this video and nowhere did I see Luongo say he wanted to be traded. I also did not see MG say that Luongo wanted to be traded. In fact, I also did not see Luongo's agent say that Luongo wanted to be traded.

I did see some retired former NHL goon sportscaster make a statement about this. I'm pretty sure this sportscaster is not Luongo, not his agent and he is not MG

I have to say your probably the most annoying child in these forums and need to go to your room.

Aren't you guys tired of being proven wrong over and over again???

Message boards such as this fall in between slander and libel. Even though there's an archive, posts are only short-lived before they disappear here, making them transitory. But, being written and distributed, they are also libel. The conversations here are more akin to speech (slander), even though they are written (libel).

And, I used slander the first time because people here don't understand the meaning of the word collegiate - so, how are they supposed to understand the word libel??? And, you'll notice I added the word libel the second time - just so I wouldn't have to write this vey paragraph...

EDIT: I should clarify that last paragraph... I was the very first person in this thread to use the word libel - and I only used it for this purpose: 'IN BEFORE SOMEONE SAYS I DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIBEL AND SLANDER' and to prove to you that it was intentional that I used the word slander the first time (and knew the difference between the two). But, of course, you didn't even comprehend what I was doing, you didn't understand why I said what I said - and you still posted anyways, trying to make me look bad, even though I precluded it!...

So, if Luongo didn't ask to be traded - explain to me why we are trying to trade him right now????

Remember, he has a no-trade clause. So, we CAN'T shop him without his permission. So, explain how we can be shopping someone we aren't allowed to trade???

The fact that we ARE shopping him MEANS (with 100% certainty) that he HAS given us permission. That he HAS asked for a trade. It's the only possibility...

Isn't it interesting how people keep personally-attacking me here - yet there's not a single valid argument against anything I've said (you'll recall, I absolutely destroyed all ten points from the only person who tried).

When Einstein discovered the theory of relativity, a group of detractors published a book called '100 Authors Against Einstein' - in which they absolutely trashed the man (just like here, they were all wrong, and the lone man was right).

Well, old Einstein had the perfect comeback and absolutely destroyed their argument with just one sentence:

'If I were wrong, one would have sufficed...'

Same here. If I were wrong, you'd be able to point out how I'm wrong - and wouldn't have to resort to nothing but personal attacks...

If we sign Doan and are above the cap before trying to move Luongo it makes us desperate. Florida or any other team involved would know we have to be under the cap before the season begins so they would have the bargaining chips.

I'm all for signing Doan and dumping Raymond. It's Raymond's 2.2 that will likely be the difference between the 3.7 cap space we have now and whatever Doan will sign for. Raymond will do well in the Swiss league.

Archived