The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Do You Think Will Win The 2012-13 Calder Trophy?

Who Will Win The 2012-13 Calder Trophy?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I picked Yakupov, mainly because i think hes gonna be getting the better opportunity. Granlund will most like be line 2 in minnesota. Tarasenko has a good opportunity as well tho. It will be another close race.

I think Tarasenko could rip it up with his skills. Hamilton could also rack up some big points on the back end. I voted for Huberdeau though, just because he's a high pick and he had almost 2.00 points per game last year in the QMJHL which was a big improvement.

• 5 months later...

Thought it was time to bump this thread with the season to begin tomorrow..

It seems like this year's rookie class has been one of the best in years? A shame it will be so short.

I think Yakupov has the most upside of these guys but seems a little raw and I think this year is Eberle's to shine. May also be overshadowed by RNH.

Schultz has a chance if their powerplay lights it up like they did in the AHL.

Granlund will be playing centering the second line for Minny. If Koivu continues to have injuries here and there I could see Granlund ripping it up with Parise and Heatley.

Tarasenko's expectations are extremely high with quite a bit of experience and production to show for in the KHL. However, the blues are just too deep and he won't really get his chance to shine right away.

Huberdeau is likely to get his chance with the panthers but my expectations for him dropped after a mediocre WJH

Hamilton also had somewhat of a disappointing WJC but could make some noise on a good bruins team with aging D-corps

Too bad Brunner is too old for the calder but I think he'll be the best "rookie" of the year playing beside datsyuk and zetterberg.

Other candidates include Bartsche, Kreider, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk.. etc.. I think I'm gonna go with Granlund, but in a shortened season I think all of these guys have a shot

Archived