The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Watched both games in their entirity, just haven't been home all day to post on here, but was fun catching up on 7 pages..most of which was CFL arguments and Peyton arguments. Here's my 2 cents:

1) I am super excited that the Ravens won because IF the Pats win tomorrow, we'll be hosting the AFCCG in Foxboro instead of having to travel to Denver to play Peyton and the Broncos and chances are he would not have that kind of game two weeks in a row. I know the last time Baltimore was at Gilette for a playoff game that rice broke that long TD run on the first play and that just set the tone for the rest of the game, but I don't see that happening again. If it is indeed NE vs BAL next week, it'll be a great game. Baltimore will want revenge for last seasons AFCCG and the Patriots will be motivated by wanting to get back to the SB and win it this time because the loss is fresh in their minds whereas last year's superbowl, "revenge" wasn't really in their minds 5 years later.

2) If I'm hearing correctly, with his loss today, Peyton now has the most playoff losses ever, or is tied for the most playoff losses ever. With a win tomorrow, Brady will have the most playoff wins ever, along with 2 more rings than Manning..just some back up for Patriots fans for whenever you guys get into a P. Manning vs Brady debate with someone cause it happens quite often at the most random times (had one occur while at work with a customer)

3) Did the Packers forget that teams are allowed to run down the middle? That was some pathetic defense today.

Watched both games in their entirity, just haven't been home all day to post on here, but was fun catching up on 7 pages..most of which was CFL arguments and Peyton arguments. Here's my 2 cents:

1) I am super excited that the Ravens won because IF the Pats win tomorrow, we'll be hosting the AFCCG in Foxboro instead of having to travel to Denver to play Peyton and the Broncos and chances are he would not have that kind of game two weeks in a row. I know the last time Baltimore was at Gilette for a playoff game that rice broke that long TD run on the first play and that just set the tone for the rest of the game, but I don't see that happening again. If it is indeed NE vs BAL next week, it'll be a great game. Baltimore will want revenge for last seasons AFCCG and the Patriots will be motivated by wanting to get back to the SB and win it this time because the loss is fresh in their minds whereas last year's superbowl, "revenge" wasn't really in their minds 5 years later.

2) If I'm hearing correctly, with his loss today, Peyton now has the most playoff losses ever, or is tied for the most playoff losses ever. With a win tomorrow, Brady will have the most playoff wins ever, along with 2 more rings than Manning..just some back up for Patriots fans for whenever you guys get into a P. Manning vs Brady debate with someone cause it happens quite often at the most random times (had one occur while at work with a customer)

3) Did the Packers forget that teams are allowed to run down the middle? That was some pathetic defense today.

Manning is tied for most playoff losses with another terrible QB, Brett Favre. He passed the even worse QB in Dan Marino today.

Brady can pass some Joe Schmo tomorrow for playoff wins.

Manning is tied for 9th in wins. More than guys like Unitas, Young, Marino and Warren Moon.

Nobody told the Packers that the QB is allowed to run.

Edited by Champions of Nothing

OOOOOOOOOOH-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOH-OOOOOOOH, OOOOOOOOH-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOOOH-OOOOOOH, what a game!!! Ravens didnt back down, Flacco AGAIN threw some deep balls which exploited Champ Bailey, never die attitude so proud of them when no one gave them a chance. We went to a bar after and people were comin up to me and sayin I had the right jersey on (Flacco), man that was like Game 7 vs Chicago, what a feeling. So happy for Ray Lewis, he was crying after the game, so emotional, bring on the Texans or Pats! Ravens got major momentum baby!!!

I'll admit that I have not seen many 9ers games this season....Kaepernick is a fracking stud! His long legs pushing that 6'5 frame...he looked like a gazelle out there. Hate that my Packers lost but there was no doubt who was the better team in the second half. And our D couldn't stop a drive to save their lives!! Disappointing but at the same time credit to the 9ers for proving they can get it done when it matters.

And hats off to the Ravens!! Late in the 4th, we were reminiscing about Ray Lewis' career and how it was sad that it would be his last game....and bam!!!! Ravens tie it up...Amazing game!!

Hopin the Seahawks can get it done tomorrow. I was more confident about the packers game but that was a bust so all my eggs are now in the #Hawk basket.

• Upvote 1

...Kaepernick... looked like a gazelle out there...

:lol:

Hilarious. If I was better at photoshop I would put his gazelle like head on a gazelle body in mid leap with a football between the front legs. Just because that is what I pictured while reading your post. Oh, and I agree completely. For a tall guy, he is fast. He played good in other games I watched before this one, really good even, but this game is the best effort all year. Man can he ever fake out the pros with handoffs. Obviously it wasn't just him though, he had time to make his moves thanks to the O line, and the Packers crappy day defensively.

After these 2 awesome games, I may not even watch games tomorrow. I feel like we have seen the best of the weekend already.

Ahh balogna, I'm watching. I just hope I won't be disappointed 2 games in a row to make up for today.

@WHL rocks: Thanks for the link, that is surprising, and funny.

Edited by Green Building

There were moments at the beginning of the 49ers-Packers game where the Packers seemed like they had their **** together and were worrisome to me, but only a few offensive series' and seeing how CK reacted, along with the Packers refusing to have a LB spy on CK all game long, told me all I need to know about how this kid's confidence level is. Can only hope for the Niners redemption is next weekend. My wife didn't see the 49ers-Giants game last playoffs.. when that Packers guy muffed the punt, I pointed at that and let her know "that's exactly how the Niners were eliminated". Too many defensive mistakes from the Packers, Rodgers could have had a much better game.

Edited by zaibatsu

Defences were absolutely shredded today, I don't like either of those team's odds because once again, defence wins championships. Right now I'm going to have to say the Seahawks have the best D. If it can get past Ryan and co. then Seattle look tough to beat.

I think the 49ers can handle the Seahawks D if they do meet up