The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

For the Niners at #9.

1. Denzel Ward

2. Tremaine Edwards

3. Roquan Smith

Hope we trade down though.  We need help in a lot of places.  If we could get a first and another early pick (hopefully another 1st or an early 2nd depending on which team we are trading with), and end up adding a CB, WR, and an LB after our 50th pick I'd be super happy.

• Upvote 1

My top 5 options for the Bengals at 21:

1: James Daniels

2: Mike McGlinchey

3: Will Hernandez

4: Rashaan Evans

5: Lamar Jackson

Interesting that the Broncos are open to trading 5. What would it take to get that pick?

Edited by Pears

17 hours ago, Pears said:

My top 5 options for the Bengals at 21:

1: James Daniels

2: Mike McGlinchey

3: Will Hernandez

4: Rashaan Evans

5: Lamar Jackson

Interesting that the Broncos are open to trading 5. What would it take to get that pick?

I think Buffalo trades up they have 2 1st rounders this year and they can package a 2nd rounder as well this year. Probably add another 2 next year as well to get Denver to pull the trigger.

It's going to cost a lot to get into the top 5 or even 10 to get a QB.

This draft has the potential to be very interesting the first 2 days with the potential for trades and the number of QBs taken in the first 3 rounds.

There are going to be some good players who fall and are available later than expected because QB desperate teams push up the qbs draft values.

Makes sense why most teams are rumored to want to trade down and add 2nd,3rd, and even 4th round picks if possible.

Eagles and Seahawks are certainly no hiding the fact they would welcome a trade down so they can get into the day 2 action.

Have a feeling Lamar Jackson will snagged either at 16 with Baltimore, 17 with the Chargers, or 23 with the Pats in terms of teams needing a potential starting/franchise QB... That's of course unless the Bills don't make any moves and just pick him up with the 12 and 22

How do you guys watch/follow the draft.

ESPN,NFL Network/Fox  this year or just on twitter.

Wish we had options and could get the American feed for the draft coverage in Canada for the NHL with McKenzie and the TSN guys Sportsnet/CBC sucks with their coverage.

Atleast we get options for the NFL now.

I personally rather watch Mayock than Kiper Jr and that douche bag Todd McShay.

15 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Have a feeling Lamar Jackson will snagged either at 16 with Baltimore, 17 with the Chargers, or 23 with the Pats in terms of teams needing a potential starting/franchise QB... That's of course unless the Bills don't make any moves and just pick him up with the 12 and 22

Would be shocked if Patriots took him. Think its a smokescreen to get teams to trade up when Patriots want to just trade down and get even more picks.

On 2018-04-18 at 12:12 PM, Van40 said:

Freak athlete but he's played the LB position for 1 year? All the tools but no toolbox imi

Could go two ways with that though. Maybe overlooked at first but now with more playing time there may be some surprise to how much development could still be made. He’s still just learning the position.

Edited by flickyoursedin

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Todays the big day.  How are you going to screw this up Cleveland?

How many QBs go day 1? How many total trades?

I say 5 go and there are 4 trades.

This is exciting. Haven't been this excited in a long time about an NFL Draft.

Only 15 real consensus 1st round picks with day 1 high upside starter potential.

3 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Taking Mayfield 1 would be such a Brown move

Cue the Johnny Manziel tweet congratulating Baker Mayfield. 

I don't think they are that crazy to pass on Darnold are they?

John Dorsey under pressure from Haslam if he takes Baker.

Edited by Chip Kelly

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Could go two ways with that though. Maybe overlooked at first but now with more playing time there may be some surprise to how much development could still be made. He’s still just learning the position.

Apparently he has been red flagged medically for a spinal issue. Number of tainted guys who could drop due to off field issues, injury concerns, or bad workouts or interviews with teams.

Did anybody hear about Josh Allen dropping based on some tweets where he had niggas in the tweet. He liked a Hitler theme post too. Also a quote that "White was right".

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Apparently he has been red flagged medically for a spinal issue. Number of tainted guys who could drop due to off field issues, injury concerns, or bad workouts or interviews with teams.

Did anybody hear about Josh Allen dropping based on some tweets where he had niggas in the tweet. He liked a Hitler theme post too. Also a quote that "White was right".

He was 15 when he tweeted that stuff out. I think it would be foolish to put any stock into something like that

4 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

He was 15 when he tweeted that stuff out. I think it would be foolish to put any stock into something like that

The way I see it, a lot of guys that age joke about that stuff with their friends, and he probably didn't think too far ahead. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Yeah but that big of a gamble in the 1st rd isn't usually worth it for most teams. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

If his career fg % didn't scare teams off, this should. Allen has bust all over him. 

Only BB can save him