The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The MLB Thread- 2014 Season

gmen81

I'm curious why the Toronto media isn't freaking out. Toronto let's Farrell go. He signs with Boston, and helps Boston go from worst to first, and win a World Series.

I think Toronto management should look at the Red Sox and realize that a bounce back season is possible...

One or two shrewd FA signings (Peirzynski?) and most importantly, front of the rotation pitchers returning to front of the rotation form...

Honestly don't understand this. Loved in the clubhouse, worked his tail off, and got a couple huge hits. Why??

He's never going to supplant Reyes, but injuries happen. I have to assume that AA believes Goins can be the everyday 2nd baseman. Either that, or he has a FA lined up...Still it seems strange that they couldn't keep Muni around as a bench player...gonna miss him for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Supposedly there is a blockbuster in the works involving Jose Bautista which would see him heading to the Phillies for Domonic Brown plus some extras.

It's probably time. Jose will likely never duplicate his 50 HR season. In fact he seems to be on a fairly steady decline. It's hard to know for sure, because he can't seem to stay healthy for an entire season.

AA will have to find a bat to protect EE, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived