The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The worst player ever to suit up as a Canuck...

Lui's Knob

My vote is for Nathan Lafayette........grrrrrrrrrrrrr

The worse I saw in person was Dana myrzyn ...and u thought Taylor pyatt was a pylon!! Speaking of which the worst player I ever saw play here in new York was rich pilon hands down...I get to see the canux play the rangers isles and devils

• 1 month later...

My vote would have to go to Eric Weinrich.

16 games as a Canuck. No goals, no assists, -13.

Luckily, they didn't really give up anything to acquire him.

As for those throwing Eric Weinrich under the bus, don't forget about Keith Carney, the most that man accomplished in a Canuck uniform was looking like the brother of Todd Bertuzzi.

Eric Weinrich.

He was a trade deadline addition at a time when it felt like we needed a little push to really contend. He turned out to be Nonis' 39 year-old buddy who looked lost on the ice, even between whistles. It was the first time I ever thought a trade deadline addition made us a worse team. 16 GP. 0 Points. -13. He never played in the NHL again. It was like he came here to die.

Steve Bernier.

I've never seen a 6'3" 220lb guy play like such a wimp. Until I looked up his stats, I thought he was 6' 195lb. I know it was only two years, but it felt like he was here FOREVER. Probably because he seemed like a huge disappointment every time he stepped on the ice.

Geoff Courtnall.

I'm including him for personal reasons. I met him when I was 12 and he was a total dick to me and my friend during a Canucks team event called Pasta da Puck.

A lot of the players mentioned in this thread had some points or wins for the Canucks.

But the worst player ever to play for the Canucks is Martin Brochu - no wins in his NHL career!

When the Canucks picked him up the management said he was going to be a capable backup! But after playing like

a sieve he was put on waivers about a month later!

Total Bust!!!

I'm basing this based on a "full time player"

but i'm going to say Dan Cloutier. Worst number 1 goalie of all time. Just terrible. Costed us a Stanley cup run, potentially a stanley cup. If we defeated the Wild, all that stood in our way was the Anahiem Ducks and a Average roster of the New Jersey Devils. That season, Colorado, Detroit, Dallas, was already defeated. So we didn't have to worry about any of those teams. The road was really paved for us that year. All gone. Cloutier allowed 15 goals on 60 shots, I grand total of a 75% save percentage in the final 3 games against Minnesota that year.

Archived