Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The worst player ever to suit up as a Canuck...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
191 replies to this topic

#181 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Travis green
Tommy Santala
Sven beutenchon
Bert Robertson
Dan cloutier

#182 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,035 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

The Mathieu Schneider thing didn't go over too well

Which is too bad, because it didn't have to be. if you remember, the year after Schneider's departure, the Canucks were decimated by injury on the back end. Tanev, Sauve, Sweatt, Parent and Oberg all saw time with the Canucks. Some of that time could have been Schneider's had he not whined his way out of Vancity.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#183 wesleySNIPES

wesleySNIPES

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

I know Mason Raymond is definitely not the worst canuck ever, but nobody has ever had me constantly pulling my hair out and yelling at the TV during games as bad as him. His falling, bad decision making, lack of production besides one year is utterly frustrating. I think what makes me more upset is I used to have such high hopes for him and that I see so much potential in him that is wasted by awful plays time and again. Just doesnt seem to have the IQ.

#184 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Ian Kidd....D-man that had a bit of a bidding war for his services ....what a bust! couldn't skate in jr. certainly not in the NHL
Bill LaForge Ok not a player but the worst coach ever
Marco Sturm....WTF was that about??
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#185 Chicken Souvlaki

Chicken Souvlaki

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Fedor Fedorov, Tyler Bouck or Brandon Reid. Cant decide who was the worst.

#186 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Patrick Coulombe was pretty awful. -6 in 7 games, got sent down to the Moose and had 9 points -9 in 44 games before getting delegated to the ECHL where he became the MA Bergeron of that league (second rate offensive dman with no size or defensive ability). His best pro offensive output was 12 goals, 34 points in the ECHL. Not very good for a pure offensive defenseman who weighs 165lbs.

Edited by canucklehead44, 27 November 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Sig too big.

#187 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Ian Kidd....D-man that had a bit of a bidding war for his services ....what a bust! couldn't skate in jr. certainly not in the NHL
Bill LaForge Ok not a player but the worst coach ever
Marco Sturm....WTF was that about??

Kidd had 4 goals, 11 points in 20 games, decent numbers for a dman. He must have been awful to not get a longer look despite picking up points.
Sig too big.

#188 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,630 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

Jamie Huscroft
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#189 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I've only been a Canuck fan since 2000, so not well versed on most of the obscure players before then. However, as a disappointing player and not so much the 'worst' player, I'd have to go with Jan Bulis. He had decent seasons with Montreal, and it just seemed like he would fit well.

He was memorable for the 'piggy back' moment, that was all. I still remember watching that and immediately going, "What the hell is he thinking? What a goof!"

Jybl4aB.png

#190 Luongo97

Luongo97

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Jan Bulis jokes will always be funny. Always. I can't remember a Canuck who so constantly and consistently infuriated me. Easily the worst Canuck ever.

Mason Raymond says hello :)

#191 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Mason Raymond says hello :)

At this point, it isn't Mason Raymond that bothers me, it's the Canucks for re-signing him. He had one breakout season, and was extended because of that. Seemed like a good idea at the time. The fact that Gillis re-signed him again after he played out his existing contract was the mistake.Bulis was just plain awful the entire season he was with the Canucks. Far worse than even Mason Raymond's worse season.Another disappointment for me was Pavol Demitra. Even when he was first signed, that seemed like it was more because Gillis used to be his agent than it being a good fit for the team. The only time Demitra showed passion while in Vancouver was during the Olympics. The moment he put on the Canucks jersey again, he sucked.

Jybl4aB.png

#192 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Taylor Pyatt

Good lord, how could I forget Taylor Pyatt. I might have to go with him over Bulis.JB was only a one season debacle. Taylor Pyatt was given chance after chance and was always disappointing.

Jybl4aB.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.